Games off today

Workington report, via Twitter, they've inspected the Derwent Park pitch, which is "looking great". No problems for the West Bowling cup-tie.

Whitehaven (playing Oldham at 6.15) will make a decision at 11. Apparently, the local evening newspaper reported yesterday the game was off. Not so, say Haven.

Barrow (v London Skolars) say, via Twitter, their pitch is "fine".

Quick scan of Twitter indicates Halifax (despite FC Halifax Town's home game being off yesterday), Leigh, North Wales, Rochdale (@ the AJ Bell) and Sheffield (@ Doncaster Knights RU) aren't expecting problems.

I don't think Storm Dennis is as violent as Storm Ciara. Most of yesterday's ARL matches went ahead.

16 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Fev's match at Dewsbury against Bradford is ON.

Flipping heck. Our blokes were struggling to keep their footing on the potato patch before we were hit by Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

I think it will not be a fast, open, free flowing game that's for sure! A good old fashioned mud fest I reckon. 

Having a daughter and two grandaughters, I know just how much those cheerleaders will be looking forward  to it.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Good idea to have this thread.You can,t rely on the BBC or local media to keep you informed.

However soccers postponements were relayed a lot quicker yesterday-so is it the media's fault or our clubs not getting the info over?

While the weather's iffy, a "games off/on" thread would be a good weekly feature. Some fans won't do social media like Twitter, so they may end up making wasted journeys.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Whitehaven v Oldham is ON 

Woohoo! I was hoping the OurLeague stream for today wouldn't be a casualty.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Good idea to have this thread.You can,t rely on the BBC or local media to keep you informed.

However soccers postponements were relayed a lot quicker yesterday-so is it the media's fault or our clubs not getting the info over?

That tends to be circulated via the Press Association and I would say it's a little from both columns, with clubs maybe not getting the information over as quickly as you'd hope, while PA aren't necessarily scouring waiting for information, nor poised ready to update when information received.

7 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Kick off isn’t until 6.15pm so you might have to pace your enthusiasm ?

Catching up with the Athletics on the iPlayer - plenty of time before I enter my umpteenth hour of RL this weekend.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

50 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Catching up with the Athletics on the iPlayer - plenty of time before I enter my umpteenth hour of RL this weekend.

I reckon someone on secondment from the RFL came up with the new format for the long jump.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Archived