Should James Brown be passing?

Dog Faced Gremlin

I don't want to bad on Brown because he's a cracking player but this has been bugging me for seasons now.

Why is Brown passing like a stand off and not backing himself near the line? He was throwing forwards around in the centre of the park but doesn't seem to (or has not been told to) just put his head down and attack the line from close in. At one point today he was dropped out the scrum ten yards out, down hill received the ball and passed. I really think he'd be better served and more successful if he just ran over the top of people occasionally and left the pivot to someone else.

I know he's going to pass and I think everyone else does. I'd love to see him mix it up.  

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

Alot of forwards are trained to pass now. A ball handling prop either running through as a dummy runner or tipping It on for line wedge.

I agree though his game has changed but getting the ball stood still moving forward 5 metres with 3 players around him fended off not finding ground on his terms is a waste also

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

For a couple of seasons he was our only option for getting a ball out and perhaps it's hard for him to forget it. Is he better still doing it for the team or better being the hero and going for it?

Today his old mates from queens and milford on site knew him as a stand off in junior rugby...

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

James Graham has made a decent career out of a similar style of play.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived