Top referee stood down by RFL following suspension

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I really need to with this forum, but, just in case, please make sure you're not posting "my granny's hairdresser's boyfriend's gardener's auntie overheard this on a noisy bus despite her hearing aid playing up" type rumours.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I found this part interesting though:

It’s believed the alleged incident took place before the opening round of the season, but the RFL made the decision to suspend him after he had taken charge of that game.

Has he reffed since round 1? How come it took so long to announce I wonder? It's clearly an off-field incident then if it was before the season.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It's actually quite refreshing to see the number of comments on Twitter saying "Don't jump to conclusions" and refraining from judgement until the details are out.

The only "accusations" are clearly ones taking the mick that you'd hope even the most gullible of morons wouldn't take seriously!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Is it because Leeds lost in the game he reffed?...

?

Seriously though, hope it's nothing serious to get him out the game. We need all the refs we can get.

Good heavens we didnt celebrate that long after our 8th GF win ?

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It’s believed the alleged incident took place before the opening round of the season, but the RFL made the decision to suspend him after he had taken charge of that game.

Has he reffed since round 1? How come it took so long to announce I wonder? It's clearly an off-field incident then if it was before the season.

The incident may of took place before the first game but it doesn’t say when the RFL found out about it. 

Interesting to read of Thaler's shock at his suspension. It makes you wonder, if he is cleared to return to refereeing, whether he would do.

We have a huge lack of referees as it is, the prime example being Liam Moore, who officiated in the Super League despite only being in his mid 20's.

We could do without losing more.

That wording from RFL sounds like the sort of thing said when there’s alleged betting issues. 

On 17/02/2020 at 09:53, Wellsy4HullFC said:

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Almost everything about this is NOT in the public domain.

Some unvalidated crapola is being spread across social media etc without a shread of substance to underpin the claims.

Our game is so small. Most of us know folk within the game and its hard to keep the skeletons hidden. Some folks know the craic. Most don't.

Speculation is pointless. It'll all come out in t'wesh!?

Exactly - brushing these things under the carpet makes it worse and will only get the social media nut-jobs claiming it is some sort of conspiracy.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean they didn't do something; it often means they just didn't have enough evidence to procede. For the reason, you cannot vilify the whistleblower. If we vilified the whistleblower, no one would ever come forward and guilty parties would rarely get caught. It's the exact reason we have a whistle blowing policy in our places of work.

I completely agree though that if a case is going to be completely fabricated, there should be the means to prosecute for defamation of character.

Ah!...... Thaler,...…...whistleblower…….like it!

2 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Interesting to read of Thaler's shock at his suspension. It makes you wonder, if he is cleared to return to refereeing, whether he would do.

We have a huge lack of referees as it is, the prime example being Liam Moore, who officiated in the Super League despite only being in his mid 20's.

We could do without losing more.

Yes fair point . I’m seeing young guys in SL who it seems were doing our games in league one not five minutes ago

Archived