SOO looking for new sponsor.

Can we get a whip round going - a Friends of TRL can go around the post pads?

2.1 billion in state aid? And they continue to sponsor all these sporting events and such - There should be some cap on advertising events for private companies if they have had public money given to them.

2 hours ago, aj1908 said:

The pm isn't happy they gave holden 2.1 billion a.few years ago in subsidies lol 

They give the fossil fuel industry over $4bn a year in subsidies as well...

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Click said:

Can we get a whip round going - a Friends of TRL can go around the post pads?

2.1 billion in state aid? And they continue to sponsor all these sporting events and such - There should be some cap on advertising events for private companies if they have had public money given to them.

Like when RBS went twits up and was bailed out by the taxpayer yet continued to sponsor the 6 Nations, to say my hackles were raised would be a understatement, I think I've just about stopped foaming at the mouth about that one???

4 hours ago, aj1908 said:

The pm isn't happy they gave holden 2.1 billion a.few years ago in subsidies lol 

Australian taxpayers have been giving Holden money, directly or indirectly, since 1948. Recently it was cash for job guarantees but for decades it was tariffs and import quotas.

31 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Holden's demise is a sad day for a lot of Aussies, including me.

Do you mean as SOO sponsor, or have they gone bust?

5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

American company stopping production in Australia.  General motors bought out Australian company holden long ago 

That is such a shame. I drove a Holden when in Sydney

On 19/02/2020 at 22:11, fighting irish said:

Do you mean as SOO sponsor, or have they gone bust?

They didn't go broke but did have a declining market share which would have been inconceivable in their glory days. GM pulled local manufacturing in 2017 leaving them to import cars from elsewhere, pretty much leaving only a shell of what they used to be. Then because of the expense GM pulled out of Rhd drive markets, therefore ''retiring'' the brand. Another part of Australian culture disappearing that a lot of people were attached to.

Archived