21-23 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Fourth Round Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

He'll have to work in the Championship and its good to hear hes progressing. 

Signed for Hull in 2018 but not yet 22.  This year will be a big year in his development.

Yeah - It was always interesting was Bienek, has a lot of promise, but if he put the work in more he probably would be further along in his development if he never went to Hull. He would of been able to experience SL last year with us down in London I would of felt.

Hopefully he will really kick on this season and show the promise that he definately has.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Click said:

Yeah - It was always interesting was Bienek, has a lot of promise, but if he put the work in more he probably would be further along in his development if he never went to Hull. He would of been able to experience SL last year with us down in London I would of felt.

Hopefully he will really kick on this season and show the promise that he definately has.

Accoring to the newspaper, he is one of several at Hull who need to 'harden' up their bodies by playing against men.  I can understand that as well.  Bulking up rarely conducive to delivering power in your game.

I read, recently, that he is enjoying this situation with Leigh.  He is still doing some training with Hull and being reviewed every week.  Good support and the opportunity is in his hands.

Quite possible we could see him and Matongo in a Hull shirt for a number of years with Jack Brown following them.  Again, all down to him. 

15 hours ago, Click said:

How is his defense coming along? It is great to hear that he is willing to work though, his work ethic, especially in defense was the reason he wasn't playing for the Broncos when Hull signed him a few years ago.

Hi Click, he must be doing his bit in defence considering he has played big minutes and we are 3 games in and have only conceeded 3 tries and 2 of those have been from kicks, also not giving many try scoring opportunities to the opposition.

On 18/02/2020 at 16:11, Manfred Mann said:

I wonder which idiot chose this match for televising. His/her identity should be investigated, and if identified, he/she should be named and shamed.

Cos a small community club from a tiny village in a small town outside Huddersfield get to this stage of the cup all the time and play te ex-world champions don't they? it may be a hammering it may not but 'Bank have earned the right to have their day in the limelight.

It's not always about the biggest and best tha knows

On 18/02/2020 at 16:11, Manfred Mann said:

I wonder which idiot chose this match for televising. His/her identity should be investigated, and if identified, he/she should be named and shamed.

Underbank have earned the right to get some publicity.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

53 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh are hybrid Wigmen

On a serious note though, I think there are probably several variations on the full-time/part-time spectrum. I think at Fev there are probably one or two players who don't have jobs outside rugby but do stuff for the Foundation (going round schools etc) as part of their contract, think Brett Ferres and Craig Hall are current examples.

37 minutes ago, Click said:

How many FT players to PT players do you have to be to be hybrid? I thought Leigh had quite a number of FT players?

I only asked the question on the terraces last week and no one was none the wiser than me, so for you friend (and for my curiosity also) I will enquire and let you know.

6 hours ago, Click said:

How many FT players to PT players do you have to be to be hybrid? I thought Leigh had quite a number of FT players?

We have 5 of our own players that are part time. Martyn Ridyard, Tom Spencer, Sam Brooks, Andy Thornley & Brad Holroyd. None have played so far this season, apart from Holroyd & Thornley who have turned out for St.Helens reserves.

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

We have 5 of our own players that are part time. Martyn Ridyard, Tom Spencer, Sam Brooks, Andy Thornley & Brad Holroyd. None have played so far this season, apart from Holroyd & Thornley who have turned out for St.Helens reserves.

Ian Thornley as well clog 

Going  to London v York, With so many changes since last season in the Bronco ranks theres almost as many recognisable faces in the York side in  Klienhorst, Washbrook and Baldwinson as in the London team for me. So of interest in observing New Broncos versus a York side many tipped to be in the top four

With an excellent result last week against Widnes, it's important for London to keep momentum going and form a winning habit especially with Featherstone up next..

York by 12?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived