21-23 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Fourth Round Match Thread

On 21/02/2020 at 00:01, Hela Wigmen said:

Out of curiosity, how many of the Championship sides are full-time professional? London are, I presume Toulouse are and I guess, Leigh are too. Beyond that, is it a mixture of hybrid and part-time clubs? 

Most don't have any FT players.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dkw said:

Is there a game on the app or BBC Red Button today? 

Both tomorrow, one on RB at 1.00 the other on OurRLeague at 3.00.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

There's nothing between Sheffield and Fax this season. 20-18 to the Eagles today after a narrow win for Fax a few weeks ago.

Creditable effort by Siddal against Newcastle.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

41 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Whitehaven-Dewsbury is off (Twitter). Unplayable pitch.

A hat-trick of postponements for Dewsbury.

Awful pitch at Dewsbury, really cutting up. I thought it was bad a few weeks ago at Bradford vs York but it looks even worse now. With a game being played there pretty much every weekend there’s no respite.

1 minute ago, Wolford6 said:

20 minutes of five drives and a misplaced pass so far for Bradford. Well, at least it's a change from the usual  five drives and a kick.

Changed ever so as lightly then, still a misplaced pass though ha ha.... Lucky sods. 

Someone just had their comment read out on TV:

"Dewsbury Rams ground looking fabulous on TV. Must be one of the best grounds outside Super League" ?

Apart from literally every other Championship club's ground bar Sheffield and Whitehaven he's not wrong

Presumably, it was Dewsbury's chairman who posted the comment? 

Hard to tell which is the Championship team can't see them bothering any of the Championship contenders this season, some strange ref interpretations has benefitted the team in white though.

Seriously hope that Underbank can use the wind next half, noticeable how Bradford improved when Crossley left the field, how does he keep getting selected?

Archived