21-23 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Fourth Round Match Thread

On 24/02/2020 at 01:56, Stirlin said:

All they need to do Harry is increase the time limit on free parking at the Vangarde shopping site next to the ground from 2 to 4 hrs......it's a big park but VERY busy with shoppers on a Saturday/ Sunday.

Exactly, it should be easy in theory. We had the same issue over in East Leeds when the new Springs shopping centre opened a couple of years ago. There was a 2 hour time limit and then the cinema was built on site and everyone kicked off saying how it wasn't possible to watch a film within the time allowed. It is now unlimited parking time

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

I might be wrong here but I’m sure he was voted man of the match with 44%, next highest was something like 23% of the vote. And Marcus Stock wasn’t one of the nominees who I thought was immense!

I think he was quite effective in attack for a young half, was always involved, but yeah - as Rooster says, his defense was woeful.

7 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I might be wrong here but I’m sure he was voted man of the match with 44%, next highest was something like 23% of the vote. And Marcus Stock wasn’t one of the nominees who I thought was immense!

They must have been watching a different game to the one I saw.....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

7 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Not too sure, I’ve never had to prove I’m getting the bus either but I think things will change on matchday otherwise everyone will simply park there and walk a few yards to the ground. £5 is a fair price if that’s the deal.

One other thing - I can’t speak for the other sites but Askham Bar (where it would make most sense got away fans to be shuttled in from) shuts at 6.30pm on a Sunday....we really aren’t making it easy are we?!!

The club will be selling 400 car parking spaces online for every game for £5. If we sell out all 400 every game then we're in a much better position than I could ever have imagined...!

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Exactly, it should be easy in theory. We had the same issue over in East Leeds when the new Springs shopping centre opened a couple of years ago. There was a 2 hour time limit and then the cinema was built on site and everyone kicked off saying how it wasn't possible to watch a film within the time allowed. It is now unlimited parking time

We should have played our first game in the new stadium last July but delay after delay . I am sure both City and Knights have tried to get our council to be up front and get the parking debacle sorted PDQ but I fear it will be an absolute clusterfcuk given our council's past record.

Archived