21-23 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Fourth Round Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Coral Challenge Cup Fourth Round games here.

FRIDAY 21st FEBRUARY
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 8pm

SATURDAY 22nd FEBRUARY
Featherstone Rovers v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm
Sheffield Eagles v Halifax KO 2pm
Siddal v Newcastle Thunder KO 2pm (at Chevinedge, Siddal)
Swinton Lions v Leigh Miners Rangers KO 3pm

SUNDAY 23rd FEBRUARY
Bradford Bulls v Underbank Rangers KO 1pm (BBC Red Button)
London Broncos v York City Knights KO 3pm (OuRLeague App)
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 2.30pm
Rochdale Hornets v British Army KO 3pm (TBC)
Whitehaven v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm (TBC)
Widnes Vikings v Oldham KO 3pm
Workington Town v Doncaster KO 3pm (TBC)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Click said:

Bradford Bulls v Underbank Rangers - that should be a tight even contest for the TV...

I wonder which idiot chose this match for televising. His/her identity should be investigated, and if identified, he/she should be named and shamed.

46 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I wonder which idiot chose this match for televising. His/her identity should be investigated, and if identified, he/she should be named and shamed.

Might be wrong but I think they've been following the winner of one group from round one oneards. So the next one should be the winner of this game. 

Plucky, dogged and brave will be the words spoken, but thats enough about the Bulls.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I get that it is a great story for Underbank to get this far in the cup, and to be playing against a side like Bradford - but seriously, on BBC for the nation to see? It's stupid.

22 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Maybe it was the same person who chose to show Siddal v Toronto game a couple of years ago - a game which had the RL world talking when Siddal led with around 20 minutes to go.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Maybe it was the same person who chose to show Siddal v Toronto game a couple of years ago - a game which had the RL world talking when Siddall led with around 20 minutes to go.

Yeah - but Toronto were the main draw in that fixture, rather than Siddal.

I would say that they chose this game with a view of Underbank, rather than Bradford.

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Coral Challenge Cup Fourth Round games here.

FRIDAY 21st FEBRUARY
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 8pm

SATURDAY 22nd FEBRUARY
Featherstone Rovers v Barrow Raiders KO 3pm
Sheffield Eagles v Halifax KO 2pm
Siddal v Newcastle Thunder KO 2pm (at Chevinedge, Siddal)
Swinton Lions v Leigh Miners Rangers KO 3pm

SUNDAY 23rd FEBRUARY
Bradford Bulls v Underbank Rangers KO 1pm (BBC Red Button)
London Broncos v York City Knights KO 3pm (OuRLeague App)
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 2.30pm
Rochdale Hornets v British Army KO 3pm (TBC)
Whitehaven v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm (TBC)
Widnes Vikings v Oldham KO 3pm
Workington Town v Doncaster KO 3pm (TBC)

Teams in bold to go through.

Also, you're pretty much guaranteed a reasonable crowd and good atmosphere for the TV audience , which on a Saturday afternoon for Sheffield v Halifax, or even London v York, probably would have been a very different story. Do we really want Sheffield v Halifax in front of 300 spectators at Wakefield broadcast to the nation instead?

54 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Excellent, he is not only a big unit has are his forward team mate's, he compliments the set, willing to work and and fast becoming a favourite of the fans.

How is his defense coming along? It is great to hear that he is willing to work though, his work ethic, especially in defense was the reason he wasn't playing for the Broncos when Hull signed him a few years ago.

Dewsbury pitch is on top of a hill and was playable after Ciara and Dennis had their say. Admittedly, it's a potato patch but it will be playable and televisable whatever the weather does this week.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Let us have a geography lesson mr W - it is not on top of a hill but is on the site of Shaw Cross mine; the hill continues up to the Gawthorpe water tower you can see on the skyline. Potato patch is a bit harsh on your hosts but let us see if you can cultivate something out of our soil perhaps? At least we own our own midden!

1 hour ago, Reverend Ram said:

Let us have a geography lesson mr W - it is not on top of a hill but is on the site of Shaw Cross mine; the hill continues up to the Gawthorpe water tower you can see on the skyline. Potato patch is a bit harsh on your hosts but let us see if you can cultivate something out of our soil perhaps? At least we own our own midden!

Beggars can't be choosers! I've done some work on the surrounding land over the years and could never understand why, with half a mile of open land at the council's disposal, such a small pitch was built on it.

The Bulls aren't the only Bradford organisation in debt to Dewsbury. Given your denomination, I expect you are aware that for hundreds of years  Bradford Cathedral has paid an annual tithe to Dewsbury Minster ... £10 I think it is.

That money should pay for you to plant two rows of carrots down the potato patch touchlines. We haven't had any decent floodlights for years and those carrots will help us see in the dark.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

14 hours ago, Click said:

How is his defense coming along? It is great to hear that he is willing to work though, his work ethic, especially in defense was the reason he wasn't playing for the Broncos when Hull signed him a few years ago.

He'll have to work in the Championship and its good to hear hes progressing. 

Signed for Hull in 2018 but not yet 22.  This year will be a big year in his development.

Archived