Sat 22 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos KO 2pm

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/20 at 14:00

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Inu early on, not sure on the other to be honest

Inu's still their go-to kicker, I assume. That's not good.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds were terrible in the first half and lucky to be only 2 behind, but fair play we really turned up in the second half, although to be fair Salford lost a couple during the game which will have hurt them

We had one hooker on the bench with 30 minutes left but we did get one back right at the end from a concussion assessment. The hooker had to come on at centre. It was bare bones!

No excuses though- we couldn’t convert our chances then Leeds turned it up a gear. The referee had a pretty poor game - a few dodgy decisions at key points did us but there were also a couple of heads scratchers against Leeds.

We need some bodies back quick. 

3 hours ago, L Bow said:

Salford have relegation written all over them. A team that only had one leader and he went to Wigan. 

I had a feeling Salford may struggle to hit the super highs they hit last year, especially without Hastings, and to a lesser degree, Josh Jones who were probably their talismen.

People always predict the coming season based on the year before which is almost always foolish, it appeared to many of us that Salford could well find themselves back at the wrong end of the table, it's still early days, but you'd have to think that with Hastings and Jones they would have had a better record so far this year.

And in the fickle eyes of sports fans these days, how long until the ' NEW best coach in the game' is feeling the pressure?

2 hours ago, LR23 said:

We had one hooker on the bench with 30 minutes left but we did get one back right at the end from a concussion assessment. The hooker had to come on at centre. It was bare bones!

No excuses though- we couldn’t convert our chances then Leeds turned it up a gear. The referee had a pretty poor game - a few dodgy decisions at key points did us but there were also a couple of heads scratchers against Leeds.

We need some bodies back quick. 

Can't keep using referees as an excuse, we lost bodies last week, and this week in pretty awful conditions, and still managed to win both games, you need to control the controllables, not look for excuses.

One of Salford's advantages was that they got through the season relatively unscathed injury wise unlike most team it's very lucky that a team doesn't have a plethora of injuries.

10 minutes ago, meast said:

Can't keep using referees as an excuse, we lost bodies last week, and this week in pretty awful conditions, and still managed to win both games, you need to control the controllables, not look for excuses.

One of Salford's advantages was that they got through the season relatively unscathed injury wise unlike most team it's very lucky that a team doesn't have a plethora of injuries.

My analysis of the game clearly says ‘no excuses though’ and gives credit to Leeds for upping the intensity. I also pointed out the dodgy refereeing decisions went both ways. Not sure how I could have been any more balanced unless you want me to say ‘Salford were garbage’?

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good crowd that ?

Fair does Eddie. We don't often get much credit for our crowds.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, LR23 said:

My analysis of the game clearly says ‘no excuses though’ and gives credit to Leeds for upping the intensity. I also pointed out the dodgy refereeing decisions went both ways. Not sure how I could have been any more balanced unless you want me to say ‘Salford were garbage’?

I Wasn't meaning you personally, more as a club, I see Watson is again doing his best Daryl Powell impression and pointing the finger at the referee after another defeat.

35 minutes ago, meast said:

I Wasn't meaning you personally, more as a club, I see Watson is again doing his best Daryl Powell impression and pointing the finger at the referee after another defeat.

That presser with Watson is embarrassing IMO

We struggle attract referees to our game and comments like Watson’s do not help at all

51 minutes ago, meast said:

I do wish he’d knock it off but he doesn’t do it every week. The trouble is he’s done it two weeks on the trot now. Last week he didn’t need to say anything- I thought Child was fine. This week he’s got more justification especially if Ganson isn’t answering any questions and doing his referees no favours.

Coach’s team loses

Coach comes out & blames the referee to hide his & his own team’s failings.

It is pathetic and does neither the coach or his club any favours.

Hopefully a visit to Red Hall for a disciplinary will feature shortly for Watson

2 hours ago, LR23 said:

I do wish he’d knock it off but he doesn’t do it every week. The trouble is he’s done it two weeks on the trot now. Last week he didn’t need to say anything- I thought Child was fine. This week he’s got more justification especially if Ganson isn’t answering any questions and doing his referees no favours.

If he has issues he should go through the proper channels, not whine and moan in a press conference straight after another defeat, it just comes across as sour grapes.

Shame as Watson appears or appeared to be popular among non Salford fans for his straight forwardness and honesty and he's in danger of throwing all that away.

7 hours ago, meast said:

If he has issues he should go through the proper channels, not whine and moan in a press conference straight after another defeat, it just comes across as sour grapes.

Shame as Watson appears or appeared to be popular among non Salford fans for his straight forwardness and honesty and he's in danger of throwing all that away.

I don’t disagree- the ref bashing is unnecessary and does nobody any favours. It’s not going to change the result. If what he said about Ganson is true then he has tried the proper channels and was quite right to call that out though.

10 minutes ago, LR23 said:

I don’t disagree- the ref bashing is unnecessary and does nobody any favours. It’s not going to change the result. If what he said about Ganson is true then he has tried the proper channels and was quite right to call that out though.

That's fine, but then don't make any reference to the match officials, accept your team lost, maybe he was right to call out Ganson, but not in a post match press conference, that just becomes sour grapes and it does neither him or the club any favours.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Here's the offending press conference. 

Not exactly a challenging press pack, they encourage him to rant rather than holding him accountable for his team's failings. 

That's their job, to be controversial and to get a "story"

Watson should be more professional and calm, he's let himself and his club down the last 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, meast said:

That's fine, but then don't make any reference to the match officials, accept your team lost, maybe he was right to call out Ganson, but not in a post match press conference, that just becomes sour grapes and it does neither him or the club any favours.

If Ganson is ignoring him what other option does he have? He’s forced him to talk to him now. He should have been more tactful like.

Archived