John Drake

Fri 21 Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v Toronto Wolfpack KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/20 at 19:45

Three ex-Wires in that Toronto side who will be keen to prove a point. 

I'm not comfortable with it as we still seem to be prone to the odd wobble or three.

I don't really understand betting but I do get the handicap thing, which gives Toronto 20 points start. 

12 hours ago, fairfolly said:

What long term is that Manfred. He is only there for 4 weeks allegedly. I can see a points deduction coming for Toronto before the seasons out.

If they have signed Gigot with permission then all well and good, if they have taken it upon themselves to break the cap then expect to be punished. 

But the big thing that is wrong with any cap Indescrepancies for whoever has over-stepped the threshold is that it is penalised the following season, if Toronto win games by defaulting on the cap and any points gained through such an impropriety enables them to finish in a higher position and results in another team being relegated that cannot be right, can it?

I would argue the same whichever if any club purposefully overspent.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If they have signed Gigot with permission then all well and good, if they have taken it upon themselves to break the cap then expect to be punished. 

But the big thing that is wrong with any cap Indescrepancies for whoever has over-stepped the threshold is that it is penalised the following season, if Toronto win games by defaulting on the cap and any points gained through such an impropriety enables them to finish in a higher position and results in another team being relegated that cannot be right, can it?

I would argue the same whichever if any club purposefully overspent.

I agree. A ‘live’ cap should be exactly that! If a club goes over they should be given maybe a couple of weeks to rectify it (e.g. removing a players’ registration for the season). If they don’t rectify it then there should be an immediate points deduction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBone said:

I agree. A ‘live’ cap should be exactly that! If a club goes over they should be given maybe a couple of weeks to rectify it (e.g. removing a players’ registration for the season). If they don’t rectify it then there should be an immediate points deduction.

I would go as far to say in any game that any club is prooved to be overspending any points gained should be removed and awarded to the opposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TBone said:

In a live cap situation, you aren't able to register a player that will take you over the cap. Providing everything is declared correctly obviously.

On the match, who knows, now Wire have been knocked off their stride, it will be interesting to see how we respond, and how it affects our confidence around our more attacking style.

• Like 1

Feathertone Rovers have agreed to allow loanee Greg Worthington return to Toronto Wolfpack to play in their Betfred Super League fixture against Warrington Wolves on Friday 21 February.

The 29-year-old is currently on-loan at Rovers, but is cup tied for this weekend’s 2020 Coral Challenge Cup fixture against Barrow Raiders, so instead will feature for his parent Club. 

Worthington will then return to Featherstone on Monday 24 February, 

• Like 1

Looks like Ashton will return to full back and Ratchford moving to centres. Should be decent crowd with local clubs getting discounts for juniors. 

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Looks like Ashton will return to full back and Ratchford moving to centres. Should be decent crowd with local clubs getting discounts for juniors. 

Did Ashton move in the Wakefield game or did he not play? Ratchford at centre would be a waste, I thought he was excellent in the halves against Wigan.

34 minutes ago, dkw said:

Did Ashton move in the Wakefield game or did he not play? Ratchford at centre would be a waste, I thought he was excellent in the halves against Wigan.

Didn't play him. He brings pace and enthusiasm to the team. 

5 hours ago, POR said:

Feathertone Rovers have agreed to allow loanee Greg Worthington return to Toronto Wolfpack to play in their Betfred Super League fixture against Warrington Wolves on Friday 21 February.

The 29-year-old is currently on-loan at Rovers, but is cup tied for this weekend’s 2020 Coral Challenge Cup fixture against Barrow Raiders, so instead will feature for his parent Club. 

Worthington will then return to Featherstone on Monday 24 February, 

Presumably, they’ll lose an interchange then. 

11 hours ago, dkw said:

Price, despite the winning formula dropped Ashton to accommodate Widdop.   IMO you don’t change a winning formula, but if Widdop needs match fitness then Ratchford can do a much better job at centre than any of the squad fillers and is our most creative back.

On 18/02/2020 at 15:55, Kayakman said:

Wolfpack by 16.

As I've said before Kman, your positivity is admirable. 

I can't see a Toronto win here but I think thay have been better than some of the predictions on here are giving them credit for. I thought they went pretty well at Wigan. I don't think it will be an easy night for Warrington. 

Wire by 12

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 15:55, Kayakman said:

Wolfpack by 16.

As I've said before Kman, your positivity is admirable. 

I can't see a Toronto win here but I think thay have been better than some of the predictions on here are giving them credit for. I thought they went pretty well at Wigan. I don't think it will be an easy night for Warrington. 

Wire by 12

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Presumably, they’ll lose an interchange then. 

I know you can't swap players but unsure if you can add without penalty if you initially announce fewer than 21. Unfortunately I can't easily navigate the Op Rules from my phone to check.

Apparently the pack will not lose an interchange tonight if they put in Greg Worthington to their match day roster, with the rfl saying all the protocols were followed and the pack were open and honest about their intent to bring him back!

Ashton
Lineham 
King 
Ratchford 
Charnley 
Austin 
Widdop 
Philbin 
Clark
Cooper
Currie 
Masila 
Clark

Burrell 
Davis 
Johnson 
Walker

If we can't win this with a 1-7 like that then I'd like to hear the excuses please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Ashton
Lineham 
King 
Ratchford 
Charnley 
Austin 
Widdop 
Philbin 
Clark
Cooper
Currie 
Masila 
Clark

Burrell 
Davis 
Johnson 
Walker

If we can't win this with a 1-7 like that then I'd like to hear the excuses please.

Price made a right balls up with the selection last week. His conservatism came back and bit him on the ass. It is highly likely we have no Gelling any more, and his initial answer to that was Mamo in at 3, even when we had Ratchford needing to move from 7, and Ashton being a star so far. 

• Like 1

Wolves over Wolfpack

Warrington Wolf.gif

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019