What defines 'Quality support'?

daz39

5 hours ago, meast said:

And this is why opinions are great, i happen to disagree with some of those,

Cas and HKR aren't as loyal as you make out, of course they have very good support in terms of numbers and noise etc, but i remember going to Castleford when there was 3,000 there and of course HKR, regularly struggled to pull in 2,000 pre 2007 promotion.

I find most Saints, Wigan and Leeds fans extremely entitled, Hull fans can never seem to make their minds up one week to the next whether they back their coach/players/club etc

Some of the older Leeds fans can be alright but most of the under 35 are condescending pains in the backsides!

Warrington have an extremely unlikeable football style element to their support, as well as a "happy clappy, dancing housewive" element and i see them as a bit whiny lately.

Wakefield fans seem to have a massive sense overkill, they seem to think they are world class at times, and for a strange reason love to mock and put down other clubs fans.

Huddersfield probably have the biggest set of negative fans, some of it borders on madness!

That's the biggest number of generalisations I've ever seen in one place. 

All clubs have some fair minded fans; all clubs have a few idiot fans, etc... why generalise?

Meast, you never used to post this bobbins. You used to be positive.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

What defines quality support? 

Balls. 

Uncle Joe's Mint Balls to be precise. 

Wigan's best. 

The most loyal, knowledgeable, fair minded, appreciative set of fans in Superleague. 

I take a bag of Uncle Joe's to every Wire home game that I attend. They even sell them in Tesco opposite the stadium. 

Group behaviour should come into this.  Every club has an idiot or two, and I"m sure everyone has a story to tell about encountering those idiots.  But there are clubs where very poor group behaviour is displayed regularly.  Doesn't matter how many there are, or how loud they are, you wouldn't describe them as 'quality'.  Far from it.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

On 18/02/2020 at 17:27, dboy said:

Good - Wigan create a great atmosphere, big numbers, good songs.

Not really noticed that when I've been to Wigan, especially the songs bit?   Not saying it doesn't happen, just that as an away supporter the home crowd seem a bit flat at the DW.   Maybe all that success of the past numbed the need to vocally urge the team on or something.

20 hours ago, meast said:

as well as a "happy clappy, dancing housewive" element

That is absolutely disgraceful, Warrington males allowing their wives away from house chore duties and into a stadium where they can clap and dance as if they have a mind of their own.   This element is clearly contributing to the downside of our sport and I can't believe we at Warrington are not taking steps to stop it.   Where is this going to stop?   Children being allowed out of the mines and factories for a couple of hours to cheer loudly next to me whilst I'm trying to enjoy an Eccles cake and a pack of Woodbines? ?

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not really noticed that when I've been to Wigan, especially the songs bit?   Not saying it doesn't happen, just that as an away supporter the home crowd seem a bit flat at the DW.   Maybe all that success of the past numbed the need to vocally urge the team on or something.

Wigan certainly had a spell where they were particularly vocal both home and away when their 'ultras' were in full swing, but that fell by the wayside when some of the group pushed the boundaries on acceptable behaviour (smoke bombs and the like) and eventually the whole thing fell apart. Shame, really, as there are precious few stadiums in SL that are bouncing every week. Without wanting to get too nostalgic about things, it was always going to take some replacing to replicate the noise of The Shed, The Pop Side, The Zoo, Threepenny Stand etc etc. Certainly makes me glad for the North Stand at Leigh, at least.

Clearly featherstone fans.

The brethren are a wholesome bunch who after church on sunday like nothing more than a sherry or a babycham with sunday lunch before cheering the merry boys on whilst engaging in exciting badinage and repartee with fans from far and wide..... leaving with a hearty handshake and a congratulatory song....

Archived