Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Barrow. Saturday 22nd February 2020

marklaspalmas

9 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Matt Shaw has asked the RFL just that question and had a reply.

https://www.totalrl.com/toronto-will-not-lose-an-interchange-despite-late-squad-amendment/

There was a cover-all clause on the RFL 's website anyway:
"In other exceptional circumstances, a club would need to seek and receive consent from the RFL Board."

Thanks.

Seems the rules re the squad declaration protocol are contained in the Match Day Regulations not the Op Rules. I haven't (yet) found a copy of those......

Barrow fan but thought it was very close. Appreciate you had a few missing but we had 12/17 produced from cumbrian amatauer clubs all apart from 1 didn't go to an SL club academy. 

I think our penalties cost us. We gave 3 away on 4/5 tackle which I'm not going to argue with as I'm biased as a barrow fan but that's just how it goes. 

It's weird as a barrow fan we were strong between 2010-2012 but you thumped us as we were stronger but as we have got weaker our performances have got better when playing you at your spot. I'd just like to say 1st time I went to Fevs ground you beat us by 70 (when you needed to win league in 11/12ish)  the ground was like old school rl, but since then your ground is fantastic along with the hospitality along with the professionalism of the club. 

Good luck next round. 

32 minutes ago, RSN said:

Barrow fan but thought it was very close. Appreciate you had a few missing but we had 12/17 produced from cumbrian amatauer clubs all apart from 1 didn't go to an SL club academy. 

I think our penalties cost us. We gave 3 away on 4/5 tackle which I'm not going to argue with as I'm biased as a barrow fan but that's just how it goes. 

It's weird as a barrow fan we were strong between 2010-2012 but you thumped us as we were stronger but as we have got weaker our performances have got better when playing you at your spot. I'd just like to say 1st time I went to Fevs ground you beat us by 70 (when you needed to win league in 11/12ish)  the ground was like old school rl, but since then your ground is fantastic along with the hospitality along with the professionalism of the club. 

Good luck next round. 

There would have been no excuses had Barrow gone on to win. You played well last year against a good side and you played well today against a supposedly good side.The elements were attrocious for both sides and Barrow acquitted themselves very well. Very apt that GALE should score the winning try.

14 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

There would have been no excuses had Barrow gone on to win. You played well last year against a good side and you played well today against a supposedly good side.The elements were attrocious for both sides and Barrow acquitted themselves very well. Very apt that GALE should score the winning try.

That is because in the conditions he was a windger.

Not sure about , he was talking to Bussey when they had the second sin bin.

We were poor, did not play the conditions ,  had now motivations from half back and had Barrow not laid on so much in the second half they would have beaten us with 

Not sure about Ferres. Bussey was talking to the ref when they had no2 sent  off

We were poor,did not play the conditions, had no motivation and no halves to take us round the  field. Has Barrow not laid on so much and gave penalties away with 13 left on the field they  would have beaten us.

15 hours ago, haskey said:

Not sure about Ferres. Bussey was talking to the ref when they had no2 sent  off

We were poor,did not play the conditions, had no motivation and no halves to take us round the  field. Has Barrow not laid on so much and gave penalties away with 13 left on the field they  would have beaten us.

I noticed that and nearly added and/or Bussey to my reply, but I'm pretty sure it was Ferres he called over after Lockwood was sent off.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Jimmy Beckett would have been a handy player to have had available for the Barrow game, and for the CC and 1895 Cup games going forward. Some of our forwards had to play big minutes again against a big pack and we effectively had only two subs.

It's a difficult one though because we could have kept him at Fev and he might have ended up never getting game time if all our forwards had stayed injury free.

Beckett was named in Oldham's squad for their Cup game at Widnes but didn't play and on their website it says this was because of the cup-tie issue, although he is on season-long loan there is a recall clause and with his initial month nearly done I wonder if we will bring him back in time for the next round on the weekend of March 14th/15th.

Webster is quoted in today's League Express as saying we remain on the lookout for permanent signings but I suspect the trouble is there are plenty of others doing the same, including SL clubs.

Archived