PODCAST: Total Rugby League Show (19 Feb)

The Total Rugby League Show returns with a preview for Saturday's World Club Challenge between St Helens and the Sydney Roosters.

On the show, host Ben Hughes was joined by League Express Editor Martyn Sadler, Matthew Shaw Editor of TotalRL.com and by Rugby League World Editor Alex Davies.

In addition, we preview this weekend's Super League action as well as the Challenge Cup, and we round-up last week's results in Championship and the NRL Nines.

Plus, we also talk about the development of the game in Spain as we're joined by Valencia Hurricanes CEO Dean Buchan, as well as Rugby League in the South West of England with Devon Sharks Director of Rugby Phil Johnson.

Listen below.

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

• John Drake changed the title to PODCAST: Total Rugby League Show (19 Feb)
  • John Drake pinned this topic

Interesting interviews with Valencia and Devon, there should be more of that on the podcast imho; otherwise at times it can sound like 4 or 5 blokes having a chat in the pub, one presenter in particular takes about 4x longer than he needs to to say anything, which can make it rather tedious. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Interesting interviews with Valencia and Devon, there should be more of that on the podcast imho; otherwise at times it can sound like 4 or 5 blokes having a chat in the pub, one presenter in particular takes about 4x longer than he needs to to say anything, which can make it rather tedious. 

I quite like the chatty sort of thing tbh, different to 5 Live which is more interview based and dare I say a "different perspective" to the Out of your League, reminds me of House of Rugby which I also enjoy - its nice to have a podcast which actually talks about the previous and upcoming weekends of rugby haha! 

Several good podcasts I enjoy have that chatty sort of vibe, perhaps its just my personal taste.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I quite like the chatty sort of thing tbh, different to 5 Live which is more interview based and dare I say a "different perspective" to the Out of your League, reminds me of House of Rugby which I also enjoy - its nice to have a podcast which actually talks about the previous and upcoming weekends of rugby haha! 

Several good podcasts I enjoy have that chatty sort of vibe, perhaps its just my personal taste.

I agree I like the chatty vibe (The Final Hooter is my favourite podcast and is like that) but TRL at times just turns into them arguing as if they’re having a chat between themselves which can be quite dull. Also people saying what their predictions are or what they predicted in the past is a turn off for me. That said it is a decent podcast and I do listen to it, it could quite easily be improved further though. 

Never heard of House of Rugby - will check it out, cheers ?

33 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I agree I like the chatty vibe (The Final Hooter is my favourite podcast and is like that) but TRL at times just turns into them arguing as if they’re having a chat between themselves which can be quite dull. Also people saying what their predictions are or what they predicted in the past is a turn off for me. That said it is a decent podcast and I do listen to it, it could quite easily be improved further though. 

Never heard of House of Rugby - will check it out, cheers ?

Be warned it is peak Union at times haha!

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's a union one mate.... I quite like it in fairness though Flats and Shanks is the best one 

Just finished the latest Our League one with Wello etc at Saints... Enjoyed it a lot

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a wide berth ?

Just listened to this, like the format and the guys know what they are talking about.   I struggle with Forty 20 as they are all about the big concepts but dont really talk about the games and lack of any structure can make it a bit of a ramble.

Super League Pod is still the best for me, you get reviews and predictions from fans who have actually been to the games, not just blokes who might have seen the highlights waffling on about stuff that sounds good.

Archived