NRL Pre Season Games Now On

A largely reserve grade Souths side has edged out a stronger Parramatta line-up 28-24 at Ringrose Park on Friday night, with England international Tom Burgess leading the way.

In each club's first 13-a-side hit-out of 2020, the Eels went in with a far stronger side, naming nine of their likely round one 17 and a total of 16 players with NRL experience. The Rabbitohs had just Tom Burgess of their likely round one team involved, and just five with NRL experience.

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

Can’t see any repeat of the game on watch NRL 

I found the repeat games on the Matches Tabb at the bottom of the page.

The replay of the Storm v Warriors for example - the game was there, but it wouldn't start on my iPhone when I pressed go.

It did however work on my PC. I'm watching it now.

A barnstorming showing from young prop Tino Faasuamaleaui, and the potential unearthing of the next brilliant Melbourne fullback in Nicho Hynes, emerged as the standout features of the Storm's 18-16 victory over the New Zealand Warriors in Saturday's trial in Palmerston North.

In a big-minute stint at the back for the Storm, Hynes – who played one NRL game last year – was directly involved in two of his side's four tries, kicking off a 75-metre effort in the second quarter with a half-break, before laying on the match-winning try for Chris Lewis eight minutes from time.

It was likely a more bittersweet experience for Storm fans watching Faasuamaleaui terrorise the Warriors with his aggressive defence and strong carries, knowing the Toa Samoa and Junior Kangaroos rep will be playing for the Gold Coast next year after inking a three-year deal with the Titans in December.

The narrow defeat certainly wasn't without positives for the Warriors either, with Karl Lawton and new signing Wayde Egan appearing to emerge unscathed in their first game back from off-season shoulder surgery.

Youngster Chanel Harris-Tavita also did nothing to harm his chances of unseating Kodi Nikorima as the club's starting five-eighth for round one, kicking well and scoring a clever first-half try off a quick tap from close range. 

But there will be real concern around the health of prop Jackson Frei who left the game with a knee injury 14 minutes in and failed to return.

These pre season games , club and rep, are proving expensive. added to the list of injured players:

Brandon Smith

The 23-year old suffered a facial fracture in New Zealand’s 30-16 win over the Indigenous All-Stars game on Saturday.

Smith starred in the contest with a stunning two-try performance to be named the All Stars Man of the Match.

The facial fracture is expected to sideline him for 4-6 weeks, ruling him out for the early rounds of the 2020 NRL season.

“Scans have revealed he suffered a facial fracture in the All Stars game,” the Storm’s statement reads.

“He will not need surgery and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.”

Morning everyone. The fire alarm went off earlier, so I'm wide awake for this one.

Souths 4:0 SGI

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Decent enough match, which swung to the Saints for quite a while, before Souths re-asserted themselves and finished 26:12 winners.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived