Summer Bash on Sky

Eddie

What’s the point of the Bash? I’m not just knocking lower league RL but I don’t really get it. I say that as someone who likes Magic from a fans point of view but I’m not certain on the purpose of that either, though I can see how people will try and say it’s helping the game in the North East, but I’m not sure the games in Blackpool are anything more than something for the fans. Does it make money? Do clubs make any money from it? 

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What’s the point of the Bash? I’m not just knocking lower league RL but I don’t really get it. I say that as someone who likes Magic from a fans point of view but I’m not certain on the purpose of that either, though I can see how people will try and say it’s helping the game in the North East, but I’m not sure the games in Blackpool are anything more than something for the fans. Does it make money? Do clubs make any money from it? 

It gives a cheap opportunity for TV coverage of the Championship , it probably covers it's costs , and gives the fans who attend a weekend or day ' on the pop ' 

I don't like Blackpool but I enjoy the Bash 

26 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

As a fan I have always loved it. So have all the people I have known who have attended. A cheap mini holiday in cheesy Blackpool which is set up for nights out after

If the fans like it then that's enough surely? 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

TV, TV, TV! Having all the clubs in one place means Sky are willing to cover all the games live at little extra cost. 

The alternative is... not having the games on TV, so a no brainer really.

If Sky ever decide that the weekend is not worth covering regardless, then they start to look in doubt. Especially Bash. 

Magic is just a great weekend to go and celebrate the game with thousands of RL fans, in a really cool city at a great stadium.  Its also a money spinner for the game.  Me and the mrs go every year, wouldnt miss it!

1 minute ago, One F in Wakefield said:

Magic is just a great weekend to go and celebrate the game with thousands of RL fans, in a really cool city at a great stadium.  Its also a money spinner for the game.  Me and the mrs go every year, wouldnt miss it!

But that's not the ' Bash ' which is the subject of the thread 

1 minute ago, One F in Wakefield said:

Well no, but the poster I was quoting had said they dont get the idea behind magic.  I have no idea as regards the Bash, probably similar but on a smaller scale?

Fair enough , just reread the OP ?

13 minutes ago, One F in Wakefield said:

How much money is spun from a Magic Weekend or Bash? 

The purpose of the event is to give a boost in takings for Blackpool's Licensed Trade.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I like the bash , when sky go overboard on how marvellous and vibrant the championship is and how there’s life outside SL ... then ignore it the rest of the time 

Its a great event for fans. We should pack it to the rafters. 

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sky should also provide coverage of the mouth watering Championship clash London vs Toulouse in Toulouse that weekend.

Why is that important top of the table clash not being televised?

Because a game played out in a tiny stadium in front of 850 people doesn’t make good TV. 

14 hours ago, bentleyman said:

Exactly hope to visit the dark side in a couple of weeks   ?

You seemed to be enjoying it when we bumped in to you in the Velvet Coaster ? Same again this year for us, hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday and tickets acquired in the Fax end for the Saturday and Leigh end for the Sunday ? 

Archived