New Image for Super League Podcast

https://open.spotify.com/episode/04Wtgup02VaX5UW5B1SEfb?si=CkQ-w565RamuUuqivZxI9A

Really interesting podcast interviewing the guy behind a lot of the new content we are seeing for SL that I thought some on here might enjoy. Gets into the direction the sport wants to go in terms of vision, image and branding. 

I suppose this is what Elstone has been up to!

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/04Wtgup02VaX5UW5B1SEfb?si=CkQ-w565RamuUuqivZxI9A

Really interesting podcast interviewing the guy behind a lot of the new content we are seeing for SL that I thought some on here might enjoy. Gets into the direction the sport wants to go in terms of vision, image and branding. 

If I knew what Spotify was I might have watched/listened to it ?

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

What's a podcast ?

It is where by you hit a target or 'pod' previously placed in the water...by casting a line from a fishing pole...12 lb. test line is recommended...duck decoys are quite popular to act as pods.

Just now, Kayakman said:

It is where by you hit a target or 'pod' previously placed in the water...by casting a line from a fishing pole...12 lb. test line is recommended...duck decoys are quite popular to act as pods.

Fishing is the most boring pastime ever invented as well as being immensly cruel , I used to be forced to accompany my dad and brother as a kid , hated it

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Fishing is the most boring pastime ever invented as well as being immensly cruel , I used to be forced to accompany my dad and brother as a kid , hated it

And then they took you to watch Leigh?? Christ I'm actually feeling really sorry for you!

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Did they make you live bait the hooks?

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And then they took you to watch Leigh?? Christ I'm actually feeling really sorry for you!

No my dad never took me watching Leigh ever , he took me watching Bolton Wanderers once , much worse 

16 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Your point being ?

Some kids don't like live baiting hooks so it creates a bad memory and a lifelong aversion to a love of fishing...so did they make you live bait the hooks as a child?

If they did you would remember.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Some kids don't like live baiting hooks so it creates a bad memory and a lifelong aversion to a love of fishing...so did they make you live bait the hooks as a child?

If they did you would remember.

We used to go to the local sewage farm to dig up big ' lob ' worms for bait , also visited maggott farms ( I remember the smell very well ) 

Baiting never bothered me , it was the boredom 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Can’t get the link to work sadly - can you briefly sum up the changes we might see?

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We used to go to the local sewage farm to dig up big ' lob ' worms for bait , also visited maggott farms ( I remember the smell very well ) 

Baiting never bothered me , it was the boredom 

So you DID enjoy putting the hook into the live bait then????

You were obviously fishing in the wrong place...you need to CATCH them!

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/d5fsk-6e555/By-the-Balls-Podcast

See if this one does, its the one with Lee Hicken.

Thanks mate, it’s a bit of a Leeds love-in, but actually it was very interesting to hear his story and opinion.

I was glad he very briefly touched on NFL films who do a good job of finding the narrative of each season and interesting storylines.  They also capture the sound and cinematic feel of the game there in a different way to US broadcasters.

I think that blueprint, with the cooperation of Super League, is the way to go for sports filmmakers in the U.K. as if you can get it right you can find a wider audience.

He makes interesting comments about platforms, fragmentation of the audience and the lessening influence of the FTA broadcasters.

Perhaps a lot of what he says at the end will be lost on the ageing less tech savvy fan, but it’s worth a listen.

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Thanks mate, it’s a bit of a Leeds love-in, but actually it was very interesting to hear his story and opinion.

I was glad he very briefly touched on NFL films who do a good job of finding the narrative of each season and interesting storylines.  They also capture the sound and cinematic feel of the game there in a different way to US broadcasters.

I think that blueprint, with the cooperation of Super League, is the way to go for sports filmmakers in the U.K. as if you can get it right you can find a wider audience.

He makes interesting comments about platforms, fragmentation of the audience and the lessening influence of the FTA broadcasters.

Perhaps a lot of what he says at the end will be lost on the ageing less tech savvy fan, but it’s worth a listen.

Yeah I suppose considering his background and previous work thats natural though.

You can tell that the quaity of content has improved with his input.

Archived