Whitehaven CC

Blind side johnny

I confess that I shall be giving this trip a miss. The NW isn't always the most attractive of journeys and, given the current weather combined with the limited cover at the ground I will be leaving it to hardier souls.

LG has already said that a couple of squad players will be getting a run out and he has also stated quite firmly that the league is his outstanding priority this season. In other words there might be a strong chance of a win for 'Haven, so the attractions of the journey diminish by the minute.

I will be confident however and predict:

Haven 14 - 17 Rams

Att 650

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NickD said:

Need we ever doubt BSJ?

And yet many still do, even in my own house!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’m hearing 8th March. 

Certainly it would be easier to rearrange the Oldham game for a midweek kick off but they may have difficulty getting an appropriate date. Stalybridge Celtic are still pushing for a play-off spot in their league so wouldn't want their pitch cutting up even more than normal (I understand the lack of logic in this but soccer clubs are very sensitive about the effect of RL on their grounds).

Todays CC draw might make the result of the Haven game more, or less, important.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I was thinking it would be midweek and would rule this Tuesday/Wednesday as the pitch is still likely to be unplayable. 

Midweek in Cumbria with players having to take time off from work? Might as well relinquish the tie!

On 29/02/2020 at 08:49, graham fisher said:

Rearranged for Wednesday 11th March.

assuming game goes ahead who we gunna rest? Was hard work last night and got to concentrate on Oldham for me.  

Id rest Sykes and Knowles, maybe even Sam Day, who had cramp towards the end and then Adam Ryder.  Like to see Morgan and Brierley given a run out anyway.  
who else?

1 hour ago, NickD said:

assuming game goes ahead who we gunna rest? Was hard work last night and got to concentrate on Oldham for me.  

Id rest Sykes and Knowles, maybe even Sam Day, who had cramp towards the end and then Adam Ryder.  Like to see Morgan and Brierley given a run out anyway.  
who else?

More to the point which players will be able to take time off work? Sam Day played 80 minutes,Knowles is carrying a hand injury.

58 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

More to the point which players will be able to take time off work? Sam Day played 80 minutes,Knowles is carrying a hand injury.

Exactly. There may be quite a few bosses who will simply refuse the request for time off and broken time payments are very much a thing of the past.

Archived