Featherstone v Barrow Cup tie.

jamescolin

Thank you for your votes so far. Harrison is leading with 19 votes followed by Parata with 16 votes and Hall with 14.  Please keep voting. I am sure we can commemorate our MOM votes in some form at the end of the season. In the meantime let's enjoy our contributions and comments.  

I made Craig Hall MOM for either side in the rugby papers for three reasons:- 1) He was Fev's most potent attacking force. 2) His booming touch finders from penalties kept Fev in the game when Barrow were well on top. 3) His conversion attempt to win the game was out of this world against such a fierce cross-wind. 

I think I know who my second choice is but I'm still thinking about no.3, maybe Dave Merrick deserves it after such an overwhelming penalty count in Rovers' favour?

16 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

I made Craig Hall MOM for either side in the rugby papers for three reasons:- 1) He was Fev's most potent attacking force. 2) His booming touch finders from penalties kept Fev in the game when Barrow were well on top. 3) His conversion attempt to win the game was out of this world against such a fierce cross-wind. 

I think I know who my second choice is but I'm still thinking about no.3, maybe Dave Merrick deserves it after such an overwhelming penalty count in Rovers' favour?

Our own discipline has slipped noticeably since the end of last season. Bussey & Blackmore binned last week, played with 12 yesterday.

Given the conditions, the sending off and four professional debutants, I thought all our seven forwards worked hard.

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Our own discipline has slipped noticeably since the end of last season. Bussey & Blackmore binned last week, played with 12 yesterday.

Given the conditions, the sending off and four professional debutants, I thought all our seven forwards worked hard.

Only two forwards on the bench too, one of them Locky, so not much rest time for the middles, while three of their subs were huge. Duffy and Terrill were like sumo wrestlers, designed to drain the energy out of tacklers.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Ok Steve you have given me Hall, but I need to know the other two as soon  as possible. If you just giving one vote let me know.   it makes keeping the records easier. 

Hall- As explained earlier

Harrison- Always a threat on the edges

Bussey- Played 3 or 4 different positions and helped out with the kicking.

Thanks for the comments as well as the votes. Most welcome.   Let's hope that Lockwood gets sending off sufficient. It certainly looked accidental as he fell and was then jumped on as his legs came up from the crashed tackle. Here's hoping for a strong team versus London.

Archived