The Reagan Grace Story

Thanks for sharing.

Promoting our stars and personalities better was one of the things that was talked about when Elstone came in so hopefully we see a lot more of this sort of thing. Good to see some genuine interviews rather than repetitive cliches.

Really good, enjoyed that, nice to know about the players ... but what a pity there is still this kind of attitude in union ( 2 mins in, "I got quite a lot of threats, if you go and trial for league then you won't be playing for us next week ...." )

I did like the quote from his former Aberavon team-mates "we had this move where we'd all go one way and Reagan would go the other". :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Brilliant interview.

Sad to hear some Welsh Union teams would disown players if they tried-out for League !!

Evidently some in RU are still worried about RL as a competitor for playing talent even today.

1 hour ago, Southerner said:

Sad to hear some Welsh Union teams would disown players if they tried-out for League !!

Hardly surprising, though. The other code's "we're all friends now" act can wear thin at the drop of a hat when it suits them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, fighting irish said:

They demolished the oil refinery more than 30 years ago.

I'm 65. Last went to Aberavon over 50 years ago when the Afon Lido swimming pool opened. Even at that age , I questioned my Mam and Dad's logic for taking to us 60 miles to a town with a swimming pool and a steelworks when Pontypool already had both. Let's face it; I could hardly even swim. Had a certificate to say that I could do 2 widths of the schoolbaths, but I'd swallowed two lengthsworth getting there.

I'd heard the oil refinery was shut; replaced by a gas-fired power station. West Wales' attempt at reducing greenhouse gas [will somebody please tell them] . Anyway, no doubt it's an architectural triumph with not a sheet of corrugated iron to be seen.

I've not been back since about 1968. Apart from Reagan Grace being born, has anything else happened?

I used to play rugby at Bradford RU with Barry Smith who was a very good scrum half plus a gentleman on and off the field. He was an IT expert by profession and came from Aberavon. Somehow, it didn't all add up.

Trusting that you are a proper Welshman, looking forward to you responding by giving the Eastern Valley a proper slagging off and asking me out for a fight. 

Obviously, I'm all for it but my sciatica is playing up.

• ? ?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

10 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

I'm 65. Last went to Aberavon over 50 years ago when the Afon Lido swimming pool opened. Even at that age , I questioned my Mam and Dad's logic for taking to us 60 miles to a town with a swimming pool and a steelworks when Pontypool already had both. Let's face it; I could hardly even swim. Had a certificate to say that I could do 2 widths of the schoolbaths, but I'd swallowed two lengthsworth getting there.

I'd heard the oil refinery was shut; replaced by a gas-fired power station. West Wales' attempt at reducing greenhouse gas [will somebody please tell them] . Anyway, no doubt it's an architectural triumph with not a sheet of corrugated iron to be seen.

I've not been back since about 1968. Apart from Reagan Grace being born, has anything else happened?

I used to play rugby at Bradford RU with Barry Smith who was a very good scrum half plus a gentleman on and off the field. He was an IT expert by profession and came from Aberavon. Somehow, it didn't all add up.

Trusting that you are a proper Welshman, looking forward to you responding by giving the Eastern Valley a proper slagging off and asking me out for a fight. 

Obviously, I'm all for it but my sciatica is playing up.

• ? ?

Nice to meet you. Nothing much has changed mate. 

Archived