Wigan v Hull 6 x Free Adult Tickets

I have just come into posession of 6 adult East Stand tickets via a work contact.

If anyone wants any number of them then sent me a message on here.

The tickets were free so I don't want anything for them, just a shame to see them wasted.

I'm in Leyland so anyone who wants them can pick up from my house in the morning or I can meet you 2.45pm outside the East Stand.

This isn't just open to Wigan supporters before anyone asks, Hull and neutral fans are welcome to them as well of course.

Old Frightful might be interested, but he has a nasty habit of being late at the DW.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, Padge said:

Old Frightful might be interested, but he has a nasty habit of being late at the DW.

Mainly due to the locals who have a rather odd GPS system that suggests you can walk from t'Anvil and arrive at the DW Stadium in less time than it actually takes.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

40 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Mainly due to the locals who have a rather odd GPS system that suggests you can walk from t'Anvil and arrive at the DW Stadium in less time than it actually takes.

No, No, No, (that's a thrice No).

What time do you leave for the game is a totally different question to how long does it take to walk to the stadium.

How many times does the difference have to be explained.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 hours ago, Padge said:

What time do you leave for the game is a totally different question to how long does it take to walk to the stadium.

I'll grant you that.

However, I would have expected a local fan to "leave for the game" in sufficient time to get to the ground in good time before the kick off.

I appreciate the "Wigan walk" normally means you're not in the ground when full time is called but I had no idea that a similar, somewhat bizarre, earlier ritual means you're not in the ground for kick off.

By the time we got in the ground, Hull FC were already 6-0 down, although I accept that's rather more an indication of my team's lack of talent than much else.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I'll grant you that.

However, I would have expected a local fan to "leave for the game" in sufficient time to get to the ground in good time before the kick off.

I appreciate the "Wigan walk" normally means you're not in the ground when full time is called but I had no idea that a similar, somewhat bizarre, earlier ritual means you're not in the ground for kick off.

By the time we got in the ground, Hull FC were already 6-0 down, although I accept that's rather more an indication of my team's lack of talent than much else.

Are you still playing dominoes with Royboy (not seen him on here for a while, hope he's  OK) could that be the reason you were late?

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you still playing dominoes with Royboy (not seen him on here for a while, hope he's  OK) could that be the reason you were late?

In fine fettle thanks - slightly late as the hot dogs at West Houghton club weren’t sufficiently warm to eat! A slight delay hot dogs and a refreshing light ale or two consumed and we’re on the way ??

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

On 23/02/2020 at 10:08, Whippet13 said:

Tickets all gone. 

Many thanks fella. ? ?

2 hours ago, del capo said:

And me sat behind you thinking you were a season ticket holder  4 of Us !!!!

Missed you. I was until work took over about 3/4 years ago. Unfortunately changing fixture list not conducive. Even younger brother doesn’t have one now because struggles to get to Friday games. Kids have them because ST pats for itself if they get to more than 2 game! May get a Flexi ticket going forward. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

Missed you. I was until work took over about 3/4 years ago. Unfortunately changing fixture list not conducive. Even younger brother doesn’t have one now because struggles to get to Friday games. Kids have them because ST pats for itself if they get to more than 2 game! May get a Flexi ticket going forward. 

Good to hear from you. Nice nebber by the way - well needed yesterday !

Archived