Town v Doncaster score predictions

butchupthetown

I think today will give us an indication of where we are, Donny have recruited  some experienced players are third in the betting to win the league and 11/4 on to win today. They will be expected to win especially given the hammering they give us at the back end of last season but town by 6. UTT

Going to be a tight affair, think the weather will also have effect on the score line, but will definitely come down to the team that adjust best to the conditions, 

Well , for an hour I thought we were largely ponderous and predictable . To much sledgehammer and perspiration but not much inspiration or direction . I thought young marwood gave us the spark . We finished the final quarter all over them , they faded alarmingly . Some nice kicks and eager finishes and obviously good conditioning in sapping conditions . 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Well , for an hour I thought we were largely ponderous and predictable . To much sledgehammer and perspiration but not much inspiration or direction . I thought young marwood gave us the spark . We finished the final quarter all over them , they faded alarmingly . Some nice kicks and eager finishes and obviously good conditioning in sapping conditions . 

Can't agree with this comment, you have to compliment the Doncaster defence which tackled well. Fully agree that Marwood provided the spark along with Fui playing like a 20 year old and the coaching / conditioning staff deserve a pat on the back for the team's fitness levels.

Just now, town blue said:

Can't agree with this comment, you have to compliment the Doncaster defence which tackled well. Fully agree that Marwood provided the spark along with Fui playing like a 20 year old and the coaching / conditioning staff deserve a pat on the back for the team's fitness levels.

Just my opinion but I thought especially first half we didn’t real ask enough questions of their defence tbh , even with an extra man.  Some of our passing is pretty poor tbh as well , and yes we won but there’s a fair bit to sharpen up still for the league 

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just my opinion but I thought especially first half we didn’t real ask enough questions of their defence tbh , even with an extra man.  Some of our passing is pretty poor tbh as well , and yes we won but there’s a fair bit to sharpen up still for the league 

Agree with all this. Too much one out ,then when we did try and get  it wide  the passing was poor.

Finished well though so much to build upon . Well done all

It wasn't pretty but you have to do whatever it takes to get the win and plenty of sides have done that to us in the past. Agreed that Marwood made a difference and Curwen was strong. Caine looks even better this year and Hanley Dawson is a handful. On the whole the defence was good but again there were a couple of lapses. It's gonna be a tight league .

Looking at both games today and last week I thought our outside back got involved  a lot more today what's good to see taking a bit of pressure  off the forwards thought o'Brien  was unbelievable  today more so in defence  and as for Miller  with them hits ??? just hope for a decent draw at home please ?????⚪

Great win today, well done lads and Chris, that was a good Donny team that have spent a fair bit of dosh and will be looking to do well in this league, town can take a lot of confidence going forward, Marcus 100% Mom with Hanley a close second, 2 really good finds and plenty more to come from them, would like Toronto next at home, SBW against FFM sell it well and we could  have a bumper gate, nice to see some of the Jam down watching and even saying town played well, thanks Mr Fearon that's something from you ? UTT

Thought we were the better Team for 70% of the game today and a bit unlucky do be down 12-6 at HT .You could see from an early stage that Chris  likes to get the ball moving wider , perhaps yes it was a bit clunky at times , but the more the game went on the crisper our passe became . Also they have obviously worked on our kicking close in as players flew forward to get their scores .We look a Team for the dry grounds , and guess we are in for some entertainment with the new style of play .Marcus  was immense today and was easily MOM , young Marwood again looked sharp and tackles way above his weight .A very solid performance from the whole Team so let"s look forward to next week with Keighley and a decent cup draw . UTT.

Archived