New York plan Cup entry in 2021

Replace the words "New York" or "The Franchise" (????!!!!) with the words "Ricky Wilby and his mate" (for that is the sum total of "New York RL") in the article and the "journalism" contained within becomes quickly apparent. 

Even a none journalist, as witnessed on forums such as this, would pose such as "You have no money, players, coaches, administrators or a ground, in fact you are a non-existent entity, but are saying you plan to enter the most famous Professional Rugby League cup competition in less than 10 months".

Not even a quote...I wonder why?

13 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Replace the words "New York" or "The Franchise" (????!!!!) with the words "Ricky Wilby and his mate" (for that is the sum total of "New York RL") in the article and the "journalism" contained within becomes quickly apparent. 

Even a none journalist, as witnessed on forums such as this, would pose such as "You have no money, players, coaches, administrators or a ground, in fact you are a non-existent entity, but are saying you plan to enter the most famous Professional Rugby League cup competition in less than 10 months".

Not even a quote...I wonder why?

Unless someone can point to evidence otherwise, I'm afraid this is the likely reality. NY has always been less than the sum of its (very limited) parts. 

Ottawa has always seemed the more substantial bid. 

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Unless someone can point to evidence otherwise, I'm afraid this is the likely reality. NY has always been less than the sum of its (very limited) parts. 

Ottawa has always seemed the more substantial bid. 

That's hardly surprising though.  Ricky Wilby and his partner are a couple of outsiders in New York who haven't shown any sign of having an understanding of the place.

35 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

How would we ever know?

Ottawa could be all hot air, New York could be a partnership between Bill Gates and jeff Bezos, the opposite way around or somewhere in between.

Nobody has any idea about either bid but it has somehow become recieved wisdom that one is good and one is bad.

New York are going to take the Luddites’ moaning to a whole new level, it will make it seem like they were fully behind TWP. 

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

How would we ever know?

Ottawa could be all hot air, New York could be a partnership between Bill Gates and jeff Bezos, the opposite way around or somewhere in between.

Nobody has any idea about either bid but it has somehow become recieved wisdom that one is good and one is bad.

That's not strictly true: Ottawa is a consortium led by Eric Perez, who set up the Wolfpack, and backed by Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group, who run several Ottawan sports franchises and the proposed stadium. This consortium bought the hemel license with approval from the RFL. All this is on the record. 

NY seems to be Ricky Wilby and a twitter account. And a stated intention to play at Red Bull stadium which RBNY don't seem to know anything about. 

Of course, NY could have secret billionaire backers. But why keep quiet? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

New York are going to take the Luddites’ moaning to a whole new level, it will make it seem like they were fully behind TWP. 

I was and continue to be a big supporter of TWP, although I always acknowledge where the challenges to long term to survival lie. 

TWP and this NY 'bid' are like night and day. 

2 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

That's not strictly true: Ottawa is a consortium led by Eric Perez, who set up the Wolfpack, and backed by Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group, who run several Ottawan sports franchises and the proposed stadium. This consortium bought the hemel license with approval from the RFL. All this is on the record. 

NY seems to be Ricky Wilby and a twitter account. And a stated intention to play at Red Bull stadium which RBNY don't seem to know anything about. 

Of course, NY could have secret billionaire backers. But why keep quiet? 

Indeed, let's not forget Perez also has additional experience running the Bradford Bulls. 

12 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Why assume RBNY know nothing about it? NYC have publicly stated they will be playing at red bull arena, if that werent true I cant see the owners just letting that slide.

They have released a list of sponsors and backers including airlines and hotels.

Ottawa paid a token sum for hemels licence, I could have bought it. 

It may very well be that Ottawa are good and NYC bad, but none of us can even make an educated guess. 

For some reason it's become recieved wisdom within the game based on nothing but Eric Perez good, Ricky Wilby bad. 

As some one who follows Hemel, not so much a token. But club house done up, new changing rooms on the way.

Archived