Workington v Keighley

Cumberland Sausage

So our long anticipated League Campaign finally kicks off against the Cougars.

After our showing against Doncaster Yesterday I am really looking forward to this one and just hope the predicted weather this week does not make the pitch any heavier than it already is.

Keighley had a very Feisty game against Newcastle in the Challenge cup so this could end up being a very tough game and I just hope we keep our Discipline and get a strong referee.

Hopefully both Caine and Hanley get over their knocks and Gordon is available so that we have a bit of size and experience in the Middle.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

So our long anticipated League Campaign finally kicks off against the Cougars.

After our showing against Doncaster Yesterday I am really looking forward to this one and just hope the predicted weather this week does not make the pitch any heavier than it already is.

Keighley had a very Feisty game against Newcastle in the Challenge cup so this could end up being a very tough game and I just hope we keep our Discipline and get a strong referee.

Hopefully both Caine and Hanley get over their knocks and Gordon is available so that we have a bit of size and experience in the Middle.

What is the injury with Gordon ?

I'm quite relaxed about this season, I don't think there's any pressure on Chris and the boys to pull up trees, it's a season for development.... but after Sundays performance I'm a lot more confident of beating Keighley. Gonna be tough though. UTT. 

7 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I'm quite relaxed about this season, I don't think there's any pressure on Chris and the boys to pull up trees, it's a season for development.... but after Sundays performance I'm a lot more confident of beating Keighley. Gonna be tough though. UTT. 

I’m always quite relaxed before games ... and then when the first whistle goes I’m a bundle of nerves until the last whistle ! Forget taking part - just bloody win !!!?

Town teams of the last few years have sometimes turned up thinking they are better than they are , and consequently sometimes have lost games they should have won through complacency  .These new lads know they have a lot to prove , and under Chris they appear to have a different mind set  , if their attitude is as it was last week then i have every confidence we will win .

Still early in the season but can see CT having a headache most weeks on what 17 to play. Positive news considering how we finished the last two seasons. 

This week I'd go,

Fell, Hall, Miller, Lancaster, Young, Doran, Forber, Dawson, O'Brien, Curwen, Scholey, Barnes, Fitzsimmons

Subs: Marwood, MoiMoi, Wilson, Maudling

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Good to see Big Gordon in there , we need him out there in the second row with Caine  for me . There won’t be many better around in our league 

Totally agree. I expect Gordon to be on the bench tomorrow after last Sunday's result without him but think over the season he will be nailed on starter most weeks.

Just hope with Scholey being used in the 2nd row more this season as well it doesnt hold Caine back because of his versatility, as i think this is the season he needs to nail down a spot and not be  moved from prop to second row to centre etc

12 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Totally agree. I expect Gordon to be on the bench tomorrow after last Sunday's result without him but think over the season he will be nailed on starter most weeks.

Just hope with Scholey being used in the 2nd row more this season as well it doesnt hold Caine back because of his versatility, as i think this is the season he needs to nail down a spot and not be  moved from prop to second row to centre etc

Will be very surprised if Maudling plays

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Because.....

No idea if there is any truth in it, but the Haven lads were saying he sulked because he was asked to play prop. Even it is was true I'd have expected it to have been put to bed by now.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived