Workington v Keighley

Cumberland Sausage

10 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

No idea if there is any truth in it, but the Haven lads were saying he sulked because he was asked to play prop. Even it is was true I'd have expected it to have been put to bed by now.

And as they've now signed Ryan Wilson I doubt it'll happen again

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck today boys. It’ll be another difficult game to play any open rugby with a gale blowing again but hopefully we can manage the game well and come away with the win. UTT

Well I thought we were absolutely outstanding . One of the most complete performances I’ve seen for some time . Certainly the best defensively - we smashed them into submission and hit them hard over n over . As good teams do we soaked it up , and a fair bit in the first half , then took the chances that come . Some nice tries , and three or four left out there with a poor option , and many congrats to Eliot Hall , he’s got some gas . His try off Elliott’s pass was a brilliant move . We just broke their hearts and i honestly couldn’t see them scoring as time passed . Never mind , great job . Some lovely passing moves , our back three looks good , Miller is priceless , and up front O’Brien was very good again , and I thought Barnes was outstanding . Stevie does what Stevie does and the halves linked it well . Really enjoyable to see us play like that - keep it going , that’s the key . Nice job 

Superb in defence and attack today, some belting trys and some great hits. Hall deserved man of the match but what was great was we realistically had 5 or 6 others that also deserved it. We looked faster in attack and hungrier in defence than we have for several years, very encouraging for the season ahead. 

Well done to Barrow too for a good win at donny, and well done haven for scoring a try.... 

As DavidM says. That's probably as complete a 80 min performance I've seen for a long while. All the video CT does certainly pays off as we seemed to read everything cougars tried, and met it with a thumping hit. The pleasing thing today more than anything was our defence. To keighley's credit, they move the ball quite a bit (similar to us). But our D was all over everything they done. 

Some very nice tries today. Consistency is key and we couldn't have asked for a better performance to start the season to be honest. Well done boys, well done CT.

UTT

Superb performance by the boys. Soaked up pressure in the first half with tremendous defence and then took our chances brilliantly. But it was the second half I was very impressed with, once we got some confidence the style and zip of the passing was as good as I’ve seen for a while. We scored 5 tries and to be honest we probably left 3 or 4 out there with white line fever but I’m sure that will be addressed by Chris. I would have found it difficult to pick a mom as thought all played well but think we have picked up some real gems in recruitment, everyone of them are making a big impact. The other big difference that I’ve noticed is the spirit within the group, it seems as though they are all playing for each other which makes a huge difference. UTT

Wow, I thought we were were good last week but that was outstanding. Defence and attack on point, no mistakes and a sense that every single one of them is giving 100% for each other and the shirt. It's been a while since I've come away from DP thinking this and being proud of what I've just watched. ??????

What could I say that we need to improve? Nothing. 

Defence was awesome and although Keighley had plenty of possession everything they did was snuffed out . What an athlete Elliot Miller is , he's a threat when he has the ball but a bigger one when he hasn't...please stay fit. We've seen three league one sides now and winning away is tough but I'd be hopeful going to any of them. Finally I love it when your winger gets the ball in space and you know its a try , superb signing. 

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Mr Crashley reverted to type as well after being pretty decent last week. How Miller's try at was chalked off was beyond me. 

Think the ref said Miller knocked the ball down as the man went to release it, could see why he made that decision but it was close, great tackle either way 

5 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Mr Crashley reverted to type as well after being pretty decent last week. How Miller's try at was chalked off was beyond me. 

He did . Certainly gave them every opportunity , and what the touchies do I don’t know . They were up offside time after time , virtually in our faces and they did nothing . Miller seems on a mission to smash blokes this season , he’s picking his targets and zeroing in !

If we can keep the Barnes, Miller, Hall Edge side healthy were in for a good season as not only do they contain the oppositions best attacking side they’re all a huge threat that don’t afford other teams the chance to double up when we attack

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

5 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Think the ref said Miller knocked the ball down as the man went to release it, could see why he made that decision but it was close, great tackle either way 

From my view it looked like the guy had lost the ball as miller clattered him.

What was today's attendance? 

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He did . Certainly gave them every opportunity , and what the touchies do I don’t know . They were up offside time after time , virtually in our faces and they did nothing . Miller seems on a mission to smash blokes this season , he’s picking his targets and zeroing in !

Not just Miller, Doran was on a mission too and smashed a few. It really was great to watch. 

Just now, Hate the rec said:

I heard it was 800 odd, forgot the exact amount sorry. 

I always think it should be more . We need the support to continue to develop and the fans are out there 

Just now, dkw said:

Not just Miller, Doran was on a mission too and smashed a few. It really was great to watch. 

Aye . What about Jake Webster . Guy looked well passed it . Eliott miles better 

Archived