Workington v Keighley

Cumberland Sausage

Just now, Town Army said:

Thought the guy in the yellow shirt was the full back? 

It was ridiculous how much time he spent on the pitch coaching, I was narked at first but then realised he was having no effect so just found it funny. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elliot Hall deserved man of the match but Marcus O'Brien wasn't far behind. Fitzsimmons and Scholey work rate and defence was outstanding. Outstanding team performance, if we can reduce the mistakes and penalties the winning margins can only increase. UTT

26 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I always think it should be more . We need the support to continue to develop and the fans are out there 

Hopefully a change in the weather will see us crack the 1000 mark. Because this team certainly deserve the support

It's only the first game so I'm not getting too giddy, but I thought that was a proper performance. We played the first quarter on the back foot and in our own half but just tackled them to death and didnt give them a sniff. We got our noses in front and looked the more dangerous after that. I thought the Cougars were pretty sharp and like us will flourish on summer pitches, but we shut them down every time until the ref decided to just penalise us till they scored. 

Hard to pick a mom as although Hall scored 4 tries it was a great team performance given the conditions and the muppet in the middle trying to spoil the game. Next week should be a good barometer and if we can be consistent we will definitely give them a game.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

7 minutes ago, town blue said:

Elliot Hall deserved man of the match but Marcus O'Brien wasn't far behind. Fitzsimmons and Scholey work rate and defence was outstanding. Outstanding team performance, if we can reduce the mistakes and penalties the winning margins can only increase. UTT

Not according to Chris .... he didn’t do that much other than what he’s paid to do ! Picked out O’Brien and Barnes

Can I just put 2 fingers up to the Reds fan in the Station Rd club with a massive chip on his shoulder who was shouting come on Cougars as we were leaving for the game, what a ####. I don't know a single Town fan who doesn't want the Reds to do well. ????

Just now, unicorn106 said:

Can I just put 2 fingers up to the Reds fan in the Station Rd club with a massive chip on his shoulder who was shouting come on Cougars as we were leaving for the game, what a ####. I don't know a single Town fan who doesn't want the Reds to do well. ????

Doesn’t sound like a chip , more a whole tatie 

Great performance from 1 to 17 defense was really good, until the ref gave Keighley 3 pens at the end for them to score.nice trys well worked and creating chances, town will only get better as the weather and pitch's dry out.support play is there could have won by more if chances were taken, great 1st league win ??

Sorry off topic,But doe's anyone still do video's of the game?,Golden wedding Anniversary took precident on the game today,sounds like i have missed a good game,Hopefully a dvd can at least bring the game to me..Thankyou....

6 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Sorry off topic,But doe's anyone still do video's of the game?,Golden wedding Anniversary took precident on the game today,sounds like i have missed a good game,Hopefully a dvd can at least bring the game to me..Thankyou....

Here you are, contact this gentleman if anybody wants any games on dvd. 

Up the Town 

Screenshot_20200301_185340_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

55 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Congratulations trouty, your lass deserves a medal. ? Only joking, I hope you had a great day. ???????  Thanks Uni,Tried very hard but had to concede this one.We had a great weekend Uni,but i will be at Newcastle next week to cheer the lads on and hopefully come back with a win....?

It did sound more until town started kicking butt! ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

The clubs community work in the form of the community club takeover has definitely had a positive impact on attendances 

lots of young faces with parents who are getting into the habit of following the club 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

2 minutes ago, David69 said:

Chris got a good squad thats fit ,playing for each other in attack n defence.2 good performances in 2weeks. Hopefully the fans will come back in the droves.lads playing well.  Well done chris n all involved.utt

It's all about having that bit of fortune with injuries, we've had terrible luck these past few seasons so hopefully we are due some good luck. ?

Archived