Workington v Keighley

Cumberland Sausage

5 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

We did put up a fight marra But with 6/7 if you count Olstrum missing from the starting 17. It was always going to be a tough day against a very big & Skillful Toulouse side. 

Its a joke shouting for Charlo to go already, but he can only recruit if he had the cash to recruit with. personally think a couple of big hard running props would make a big difference to them,  

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

We did put up a fight marra But with 6/7 if you count Olstrum missing from the starting 17. It was always going to be a tough day against a very big & Skillful Toulouse side. 

True. You have to be equipped for that league and it's tough.

17 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Tommy Lee wont be the answer to Havens problem! They need an out and out half back ( not a hooker turned half back ) and a couple big forwards! Great wins for Town and Barrow yesterday, great start to the season for both! 

I thought the two props from barrow would of brought you that, always rated Tom would of liked him back at town weather he would fit Chris’s criteria who knows

15 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

I thought the two props from barrow would of brought you that, always rated Tom would of liked him back at town weather he would fit Chris’s criteria who knows

Think both strugling with long term injurys, 

2 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

Both us and Barrow would love to be in that league playing the likes of Fev, Bulls and Widnes. Unfortunately the gap between the divisions is so wide none of us can compete. We need to go back to the 2 divisions and a financial level playing field. It's amazing that the likes of Dews and Batley survive in that league with very poor crowds. The 500 odd haven got yesterday was a shocker, I expected them to get double that this season. Its seems like they are suffering for last seasons success which can never be right. What's wrong with Karl ?

8 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Both us and Barrow would love to be in that league playing the likes of Fev, Bulls and Widnes. Unfortunately the gap between the divisions is so wide none of us can compete. We need to go back to the 2 divisions and a financial level playing field. It's amazing that the likes of Dews and Batley survive in that league with very poor crowds. The 500 odd haven got yesterday was a shocker, I expected them to get double that this season. Its seems like they are suffering for last seasons success which can never be right. What's wrong with Karl ?

Olstrom had a calf strain apparently Thursday night 

40 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Your right the gulf is even bigger than when we got relegated.

I would still stick with 3 Divisions but in this format

10 in Super League

12 in Championship

12 in League 1   And have straight promotion  and relegation.

Then have a development league for the 3 left from league 1 and the top Conference teams

3 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Your right the gulf is even bigger than when we got relegated.

I would still stick with 3 Divisions but in this format

10 in Super League

12 in Championship

12 in League 1   And have straight promotion  and relegation.

Then have a development league for the 3 left from league 1 and the top Conference teams

That Maybe an idea but would that get rid of the gulf between the championship and C1? 

10 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Looking like Glens will be a season long one and has I have said in other topics Tom is a great player but very Injury prone.

He missed a lot of games for Town and did the same at Barrow

This is another "Haven lad at work in the tea bar" crack but they usually ain't far off as they know the players. Charlo allegedly made the props put 1.5 stone on in the off season and they are struggling with carrying it. Obviously that hasn't injured them but the likes of shacks aren't at their best because of it.  

So it's all Charlo's fault - poor Charlo.....

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

14 hours ago, town4me said:

That Maybe an idea but would that get rid of the gulf between the championship and C1? 

Probably not at the moment but it would put the likes of Batley,Dewsbury,Oldham,Swinton and Haven in with us and make our league more competitive between 1 to 12.

But until the likes of Leigh are stopped from going or bust every season nothing will change.

Also straight promotion and relegation could help as I am not a fan of playoffs and the team who has been consistent all season should go up. We need to try something as our great game needs a big shakeup before it is too late and I do not think bringing in more overseas teams is the answer.

4 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

This is another "Haven lad at work in the tea bar" crack but they usually ain't far off as they know the players. Charlo allegedly made the props put 1.5 stone on in the off season and they are struggling with carrying it. Obviously that hasn't injured them but the likes of shacks aren't at their best because of it.  

It was actually a bit closer to home than that or I would not have put it on.Hopefully for the lad I hope his recovery is quicker but it was a very bad dislocation.

5 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

What a load of rubbish! Ethan Kelly and Shacks have certainly slimmed down and what I’ve seen of Riley, Walker and Coward there’s no difference in them. Too much time on their hands down the road. 

14 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

What a load of rubbish! Ethan Kelly and Shacks have certainly slimmed down and what I’ve seen of Riley, Walker and Coward there’s no difference in them. Too much time on their hands down the road. 

I've no idea whether it's rubbish or not, but they do know the players pretty well in some cases. They have turned on Charlo already,  thought he would have a bit of credit built up after last season but the knives are out. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I've no idea whether it's rubbish or not, but they do know the players pretty well in some cases. They have turned on Charlo already,  thought he would have a bit of credit built up after last season but the knives are out. 

I’m afraid your right pal. Very fickle. They’re probably the ones that don’t go either. We all knew it was going to be a tough season and what lay ahead. It’s always easier to knock than support nowadays. 

Archived