Workington v Keighley

Cumberland Sausage

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DavidM said:

First thing that comes into my mind was Tony Kay scoring four at Elland Road . Boy  he was good 

Everyone a corker, I can picture that long striding arcing run now. Johny Jones was very similar. ???

9 hours ago, Marrafan said:

What a load of rubbish! Ethan Kelly and Shacks have certainly slimmed down and what I’ve seen of Riley, Walker and Coward there’s no difference in them. Too much time on their hands down the road. 

Shacks slimmed down, seeing him in that ike game he must be wearing a large boys jersey these days because that thing was tighter than towns defence on sunday

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

On 03/03/2020 at 08:55, homeandawayer said:

Does anybody know the last time a Town player scored 4 tries in a match?

I think Cocker scored 5 against Barrow and Lowden got 4 against Hunslet. Any more?

Hard work this, but interesting stuff, looked back a few years..not too far.... and found these:

4/4/82..Lyn Hopkins 4 v Doncaster (h).

19/9/82..Lyn Hopkins 4 v Carlisle (h)

27/4/84..Trailist* 4 v Doncaster (a).....* wonder if we signed him after that?(who was it?)

9/12/92 Tony Kay 4 v Hunslet (a)

26/2/95 Dean Marwood 4 v Leigh (h)

1/11/92 Dean Marwood 4 v Highfield (h)

11/10/92 Paul Burns 4 v Hunslet (h)

47 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Hard work this, but interesting stuff, looked back a few years..not too far.... and found these:

4/4/82..Lyn Hopkins 4 v Doncaster (h).

19/9/82..Lyn Hopkins 4 v Carlisle (h)

27/4/84..Trailist* 4 v Doncaster (a).....* wonder if we signed him after that?(who was it?)

9/12/92 Tony Kay 4 v Hunslet (a)

26/2/95 Dean Marwood 4 v Leigh (h)

1/11/92 Dean Marwood 4 v Highfield (h)

11/10/92 Paul Burns 4 v Hunslet (h)

So was I wrong about Cocker and Lowden?

The Barrow game was a night match.

11 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

So was I wrong about Cocker and Lowden?

The Barrow game was a night match.

No, sorry, I just didn't include them.....Cocker got 5 v Barrow 2/1/94......though I haven't found the David Lowden 4 as yet....?

My former boss at the big factory was a Barrow fan and he was well impressed by that effort by Town. 50-6 (3237 there)

26 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

No, sorry, I just didn't include them.....Cocker got 5 v Barrow 2/1/94......though I haven't found the David Lowden 4 as yet....?

My former boss at the big factory was a Barrow fan and he was well impressed by that effort by Town. 50-6 (3237 there)

I remember David Lowden getting his 4 tries against Hunslet at Elland Road, can't remember the year though

20 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I remember David Lowden getting his 4 tries against Hunslet at Elland Road, can't remember the year though

I'm thinking it must have been near end of season 1992/93 ?.... because I've mislaid a page from my files with the Hunslet away details on there.

Archived