White Hart Lane

22 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

What's the stadium actually called? 

At the moment it's just 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' because Spurs are playing hardball on selling the naming rights. When they finally agree a deal the sponsor will take the whole name of the stadium. 

A bit sad for someone like me who grew up watching games on The Shelf that no reference to White Hart Lane will be left - for instance Liverpool and Man Utd will never fully remove Anfield/OT from the name, even if a sponsors name is added. 

But also like me, most Spurs fans are willing to live with it because the stadium truly has to be seen to be believed. It's just awesome we're going to have an Ashes test there. 

Rather nice that the ground is a mere 25 mins tube ride away from my home. I am bringing along a number of friends who are Spurs fans (plus one West Ham one).

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

At the moment it's just 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' because Spurs are playing hardball on selling the naming rights. When they finally agree a deal the sponsor will take the whole name of the stadium. 

A bit sad for someone like me who grew up watching games on The Shelf that no reference to White Hart Lane will be left - for instance Liverpool and Man Utd will never fully remove Anfield/OT from the name, even if a sponsors name is added. 

But also like me, most Spurs fans are willing to live with it because the stadium truly has to be seen to be believed. It's just awesome we're going to have an Ashes test there. 

Must say that is something the Rhinos have got right. Yes it is now officially Emerald Headingley but keeping the original name still maintains the identity of the stadium.

39 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Was uproar in Newcastle, when Mike Ashley changed St James Park to, sports direct stadium. Bonkers

There's uproar in Newcastle everyone Ashley does anything isn't there ? , Or in fact if he does nothing ? ?

I don't like to disappoint Super League only fans, ie, those who think that Rugby League is only played between 12 clubs, but Rugby League has been played at White Hart Lane since 1997 by a team that plays in a third tier (Yes, it does exist), called London Skolars. Maybe you should try a non-SL game once in a while, Luddites!

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I don't like to disappoint Super League only fans, ie, those who think that Rugby League is only played between 12 clubs, but Rugby League has been played at White Hart Lane since 1997 by a team that plays in a third tier (Yes, it does exist), called London Skolars. Maybe you should try a non-SL game once in a while, Luddites!

I would say most people on here arnt SL fans marra.

Most SL fans stick to their own forums so most fans on here would be aware of the London clubs and where they play.

Are you saying then that England are playing at the Skolars Ground.......

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I would say most people on here arnt SL fans marra.

Most SL fans stick to their own forums so most fans on here would be aware of the London clubs and where they play.

Are you saying then that England are playing at the Skolars Ground.......

No, although we would fill it out. Skolars ground is called New River Stadium, but it is on White Hart Lane,which Tottenham's ground isn't.

North is Cowper Road/Northumberland Avenue, East is Worcester Avenue, South is Park Lane, and West is Tottenham High Street

9 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Anyone know how ticket sales are going for the 3 venues?

Possibly should have offered discounts on England tickets when you buy GF or CCF tickets - would have helped shift tickets for both.

When you go online plenty of choice still. I have bought tickets for all 3. At the Tottenham Hotspur stadium they aren't selling the top tier yet so it's not out of 62,000 not sure what the full what that holds but it might be a capacity of 45/50k? 

Tottenham’s stadium is acclaimed as the worlds best football stadium, mainly because it’s a money making machine designed to extract huge sums out of hospitality punters. Having been there a few times and sampled the shambles of how the venue’s hospitality is run I’d recommend eating at a burger place in the high street and getting a seat in the general admission seats in the south stand rather than pay for anything more. 

The stadium is an incredible feat of engineering, although the programme mentioned above was carefully choreographed to show Tottenham employees in made up job roles rather than the people who’d actually designed and built the stadium. It’s all part of the command and control tactics of the club who will be charging us fans and more significantly the governing body of our sport a fortune to play there.

There are much better venues in London we could have gone to that would arguably have been more welcoming and less expensive for all, but I’ll still be there cheering on England regardless. 

40 minutes ago, Mushy said:

Tottenham’s stadium is acclaimed as the worlds best football stadium, mainly because it’s a money making machine designed to extract huge sums out of hospitality punters. Having been there a few times and sampled the shambles of how the venue’s hospitality is run I’d recommend eating at a burger place in the high street and getting a seat in the general admission seats in the south stand rather than pay for anything more. 

The stadium is an incredible feat of engineering, although the programme mentioned above was carefully choreographed to show Tottenham employees in made up job roles rather than the people who’d actually designed and built the stadium. It’s all part of the command and control tactics of the club who will be charging us fans and more significantly the governing body of our sport a fortune to play there.

There are much better venues in London we could have gone to that would arguably have been more welcoming and less expensive for all, but I’ll still be there cheering on England regardless. 

I doubt that. 

Emirates won't have it till the World Cup Semi Final; nobody, league, union or football, particularly likes the Olympic stadium and I know I didn't find that friendly; Wembley is far too big and suddenly the list of potential stadia isn't that big anymore and certainly have a much reduced capacity.

56 minutes ago, Mushy said:

You sound slightly bitter about this stadium for some reason?

This is the polar opposite to my experience when I went there for the NFL last year - also in corporate hospitality. It made similar experiences i'd had at Wembley and The Principality pale in comparison. Also, you make it sound like the RFL were forced to use this stadium - the RFL picked it and would have done so knowing the stadium charge in advance, they then dictate pricing structure to make money out of the game. There really aren't better venues in London that would be more suitable. 

Archived