Are we out of our depth

Times gone by

It was always going to be tough and there are 3 sub divisions within the Championship: those fighting for top 5 (Toulouse); those in mid table but not challenging for top 5 but in no danger of relegation (Widnes); and those fighting against relegation (Whitehaven). We have 2 very big games coming up against Bradford and Dewsbury at home and these are games where we have to target getting some points (although Bradford likely to be mid table). To rebuild needs money, which we don't have so we need to support the team and try to reinforce through dual reg & loan system. No point wishing for things that aren't going to happen.

previously said this team/club is not championship standard and before you start your moaning i mean no disrispect to the club and its players, its no good keep yoyo"ing up and down the divisions year in year out we need to establish our foothold in the championship, yes we need to boost the squad but we aint got the finances, this is why we continue to get loan players of which some a very decent players, some not so good but they all try, even if we finish one place above relegation i would be happy and build from there.we have got to win our home games to stand a chance of survival, hears hoping we start to pick up league points starting with our next match.

I am not sure what the club are supposed to do. Turn down promotion, better crowds and more funding? It is tough on such a small fan base but surely they are better off in the Championship than League 1 and if they can beat the weaker sides, they'll hopefully survive and grow stronger over a few seasons. Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, TOSH1960 said:

I am not sure what the club are supposed to do. Turn down promotion, better crowds and more funding? It is tough on such a small fan base but surely they are better off in the Championship than League 1 and if they can beat the weaker sides, they'll hopefully survive and grow stronger over a few seasons. Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!!

In a nutshell. Or that's how we hope it'll work. I suppose with "are we out of our depth" way of thinking there's no point in any of it. 

Excuse me for interfering as I'm a Celtic fan just grateful that you lads are using our pitch.

I can't work out whether 1064 is a Rochdale fan in disguise winding you all up or he doesn't understand the bigger picture. From what little I know about your league, you only have to look at the results so far to see that it resembles the Premier League in football. The top third of the league have stupid budgets that dwarf the rest. Then there are the mid table teams and finally a mini group of 3 or 4 (you, Whitehaven, Swinton and maybe Dewsbury) that are scrapping to be 3rd bottom.

We've seen teams in non-league football struggling, "consolidate" and then kick on. 1064, if you don't want to yo-yo, serious question here, would you truly prefer to stay in League 1 permanently? Really? You need to hope that you finish 3rd bottom surely and then build from there?

If we got promoted and played teams like York, Kidderminster etc, it would bring in better gates, give us more dosh and then we can get better players for the following season. Bit by bit, you grow. Or is it different in rugby? That comment from 1064 seemed so daft as to be a wind-up.

Beat your rivals in your min-league and be happy would be my advice! In the meantime, there is no point crying every time you get a thrashing at the hands of a team with massively bigger budgets - though I bet if you get a 78-6 pounding next month someone will still do so!

I'll get mi' coat and head back to non-league football. 

I don't think we are totally out of our depth. Looking at yesterday's game we started off like we weren't playing together. As if the players had only just met, which to be honest with the new wingers and the loanees coming back after the cup game , we were. Then we started to come together. Now if we can start as we finished then we will improve. Surprised by the Dewsbury win though. Gonna be tough next week. But not impossible. 

watched the Dewsbury v widnes match, Dewsbury completely out played widnes for the full 80 minutes. they are a good big side but what surprised me most was their fitness, they where just as strong on 80 minutes as when they started imo they are a  much better side than Bradford who faded in the second half.

The only difference between the two sides was the size of their forwards used effectively when near to the line. Other than that we matched them and we were unlucky with the two early mistakes and some poor refereeing. I feel when the game gets faster on drier pitches we will do well.

With regards to Dewsbury's win over Widnes. Matty Smith wasn't playing and on the two occasions we have played them he has totally controlled both games and destroyed us.

Remember, we have played three of the big teams in this division and yesterday's second half was encouraging.

Dewsbury result wasn't entirely surprising as Widnes are pretty ordinary in the forwards but have an exciting back line. From memory, Dewsbury is probably the narrowest pitch in the division and wouldn't therefore suit Widnes' style of play. Next week is a huge game and we need to be flying from the first whistle.

Archived