Challenge Cup Fifth Round Draw

GUBRATS

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite a dubios late try to HKR denied us victory last year if you recall, honestly Leigh would be better concentrating on the League this season and not taking this game to seriously, as I suspect a lot of Revers fans would probably have the same feeling in respect for their team.

That would be an error Harry....all rugby games must be taken seriously or injuries will result...you should know that Harry Stottle!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

So how long do you think amatuer clubs have been invited to take part in the CC? 

when FEV got to final in  in 52 two Ryland Recs and Bell Vue Rangers 

67 two BOCM and Blackbrook

73 one Dewsbury Celtic 

74 one Lock Lane

83 none 

big change came in 94 when the got rid of preliminary rounds and first two rounds were just for amateurs

talking about preliminary  rounds  in 83 there was one and in 1990 when saints beat c%s and bradford beat leeds oh happy days  there was five  

funny thing about preliminaries in 82 HKR beat FEV  with a certain Mr Steve Evans playing for FEV   week later Steve transferred to Hull went on to play  and beat widnes in a replay at elland road  RFL said not cup tied because the   challenge cup didn't officially start till round one

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

By serious I was eluding to not putting out the best possible team we have 28 player's, pick those fringe lads instead.

It certainly helps to have a larger squad in these occasions or at the very least a decent reserves. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite a dubios late try to HKR denied us victory last year if you recall, honestly Leigh would be better concentrating on the League this season and not taking this game to seriously, as I suspect a lot of Revers fans would probably have the same feeling in respect for their team.

The ' Magic ' of the Cup Harry , where neither team is bothered ?

44 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Toronto will be going for the win by playing our starters with no reserves brought up from the junior development program.

Bet you wish you could do though, look at Saints last term they had the benefit of playing lads in numerous games who were not in their starting 17, 4 of them played quite a lot on DR at Leigh being Costello, Bentley, Smith, Ashworth and even the out of favour Richardson, any or all of those lads  would be a good addition to your squad without question.

17 hours ago, TIWIT said:

I couldn't care less if TWP were to defeat the Giants in the CC. The only games that matter in the long term are SL games.

What a strange post, you have no interest in a comp that was going a hundred years before S league was dreamed up and culminates at the national stadium on terrestrial, TV What better place to showcase the Wolfpack, besides which it is your best chance to win anything.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

36 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

What a strange post, you have no interest in a comp that was going a hundred years before S league was dreamed up and culminates at the national stadium on terrestrial, TV What better place to showcase the Wolfpack, besides which it is your best chance to win anything.

I don't think so, the draw has not been kind to them.

20 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Fifth Round Draw

Wakefield Trinity v Bradford Bulls

Widnes Vikings v Swinton Lions

Sheffield Eagles v Workington Town

Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven or Dewsbury Rams

Featherstone Rovers v Hunslet

Toronto Wolfpack v Huddersfield Giants @ John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield

Hull Kingston Rovers v Leigh Centurions

York City Knights v Rochdale Hornets

Ties to be played March 14-15

Wakey 

Widnes 

Workington

Haven

Fev

Hudds

Leigh ?

York

Exactly. Losing in the first round AND having a couple of players injured is a worst case scenario. Surviving the first year in Super League must be the club's #1 priority.

Although it would be nice to meet Leigh later on and giving them another good whipping ?

1 hour ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

It isn't a strange post - Most fans of SL clubs seem to say the same. Look at the countless threads about attendances at CC rounds and the final, the fans don't care much for it anymore.

6 minutes ago, Click said:

It isn't a strange post - Most fans of SL clubs seem to say the same. Look at the countless threads about attendances at CC rounds and the final, the fans don't care much for it anymore.

Because it's usually same clump of teams getting there. Might be a better turn out for the final with the 1895 Cup kicking off earlier, depending on the two teams obviously. 

1 hour ago, Click said:

There is truth in your post regarding a lot of fans views, but the teams try hard enough to get there,. Who wouldn't want to turn out at Wembley representing their club and Town/ city/ village?. That aside most of the Wolfpack fans keep telling us how they will never be allowed to go down, so why are they worrying . Personally i think they will survive under their own steam anyway.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You have re-jogged my memory. I think I watched the highlights. You're on a good bit of form so we certainly have one eye on you ?

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Bet you wish you could do though, look at Saints last term they had the benefit of playing lads in numerous games who were not in their starting 17, 4 of them played quite a lot on DR at Leigh being Costello, Bentley, Smith, Ashworth and even the out of favour Richardson, any or all of those lads  would be a good addition to your squad without question.

Maybe someday Harry...maybe someday.

4 hours ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

That aside most of the Wolfpack fans keep telling us how they will never be allowed to go down, so why are they worrying . Personally i think they will survive under their own steam anyway.

Quite the contrary. Most TWP fans believe SL owners would be perfectly happy to see TWP get relegated in the hope that Argyle will lose interest and both he and his team will just disappear.

5 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Quite the contrary. Most TWP fans believe SL owners would be perfectly happy to see TWP get relegated in the hope that Argyle will lose interest and both he and his team will just disappear.

I would say that is a fair summation of things as they stand right now 

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

I guess SL are now the haters and anti expansionists. As was always stated once TWP hit the promised land they would become SL’s problem.

They should have played their marbles right and stuck in Championship another season.

If anything they were far more hated in the Championship where they were seen as the rich kids bullying the poor little working class kids. Which partly accounts for all the hatred now - just desserts and all that.

5 hours ago, TIWIT said:

If anything they were far more hated in the Championship where they were seen as the rich kids bullying the poor little working class kids. Which partly accounts for all the hatred now - just desserts and all that.

They haven't been in SL as long yet , still time 

On 25/02/2020 at 13:10, Harry Stottle said:

By serious I was eluding to not putting out the best possible team we have 28 player's, pick those fringe lads instead.

Doesn't seem like Leigh are taking any notice of my advice☹, just sent 3 player's out on a month's loan, one a few of days ago and another two yesterday, so it seems they will be playing for a win at HKR depending that they are not allowing them to play for the recieving club due to being cup tied. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Doesn't seem like Leigh are taking any notice of my advice☹, just sent 3 player's out on a month's loan, one a few of days ago and another two yesterday, so it seems they will be playing for a win at HKR depending that they are not allowing them to play for the recieving club due to being cup tied. 

You should always be playing for the win Harry...always.

On 25/02/2020 at 13:11, POR said:

when FEV got to final in  in 52 two Ryland Recs and Bell Vue Rangers 

Belle Vue Rangers weren't an amateur club. Broughton Rangers were one of the founder members of the NU in 1895 and changed names some time after they moved to Belle Vue Speedway stadium. Their old ground is now Manchester Utd's training ground. 

Archived