10. Swinton Lions
  11. Toronto Wolfpack
  12. Wakefield Trinity
  13. Whitehaven or Dewsbury Rams
  14. Widnes Vikings
  15. Workington Town
  16. York City Knights

1 minute ago, pensioner said:

Because ball 9 was Sheffield, the numbers are allocated in alphabetical order so no way could Rochdale be 9 and Sheffield 8.

But the list they showed had number 9 next to Rochdale, I've just rewound it. ??

20 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Absolute shambles On the BBC, number 9 was Rochdale  . Then they gave out Leigh v HKR , big cheer goes up in the audience from Leigh supporters   only to be told they were away to HKR. 

They had wrong numbers, some of them, on left hand side - Swintons for example...then they whipped them off screen when they realised cock up........

And at the end he just had to read the draw out without seeing them on screen.

The "big cheer" as you say, was when number 4 came out.....the draw was being made at HULL K R's ground so it was HKR's number 4 they cheered for....it wasn't Leigh fans..none there.

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They’ve had problems with draws before . Which is understandable given the complexities of putting your hand in a bag and pulling balls with prearranged numbers on then reading them out . 

It's a bit above their capabilities to be honest, wouldnt have faith in them completing a 2 piece jigsaw ?

5 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Just get all the clubs into the draw,big clubs look after the smaller clubs,that was the beauty of the challenge cup.

Exactly . Ridiculous how you can enter , win a game and be in the QF ? I mean what’s that about 

2 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Just get all the clubs into the draw,big clubs look after the smaller clubs,that was the beauty of the challenge cup.

The beauty of the RL Challenge Cup has been diluted since the inception of Superleague....and before that the dominance of the Wigan team started the rot.

I'll never forget standing with 13,000 at DP versus Hull KR, and 17,741 versus Wigan...the cup was then the RL holy grail for sure.

BTW I heard the guy on Border TV News say tonight's draw would include all the 'big guns'........who gives this lot such duff info?

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

One campaign that stands out to me was going to Carlisle and edging them , then two games here against Hull KR and Oldham . The place was rocking 

They were great games with amazing atmospheres,  I remember us filling Carlisles ground and winning with a late drop goal from either Weir or Kitchen. ? Brilliant days them. ?

Archived