Sheffield up next

Batley Bob

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good test of where we stand. Thought we were much better than the scoreboard reflected against Swinton. The Eagles have had two close games against Fax, whom The Sheep beat with the help of the referee so a comfy win will send a message. 

Dogs 22 Seagulls 10

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Optimism is lovely but how often are we even able to beat astons braves? Be nice though to get a result for fan parkinson

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

29 minutes ago, ginaldo said:

no we didnt we scored 10 points at Leigh

I think we should be a little more optimistic at home. My scoreline represents the current weather/pitch conditions rather than our scoring prowess.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

It sounds like it is going to be a free-scoring walk in the park for your boys.

Tubby must be shaking in his boots.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

58 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

No point in Sheffield turning up then, is there?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Bi11 said:

There are some very good players amongst that lot. Let us hope that they are a bit longer yet finding their form.

There are also some very over the hill players amongst that lot too..

8 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

I hope that you right PM.  

It's about time we all started being more optimistic than pessimistic, and I'm not just talking about RL

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's about time we all started being more optimistic than pessimistic, and I'm not just talking about RL

The thing is PM, an optimist like you is often disappointed whereas a pessimist like me is often pleasantly surprised!

5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

There are also some very over the hill players amongst that lot too..

and theres also a couple a players who might just have a blinder come sunday and prove  some folks were wrong.:kolobok_punish: i reckon it will be a good game and show just were we are at.

Important game this one. Mark Aston and his team have come out on top so many times over the last few years. But i feel we can win this one but only if we show the same resiliance and fight which has been on show for us in recent games. Luckily we have so far avoided injuries in key positions where we have no cover and our starting team are playing well. I go for a bulldog win by 22 - 16. Am hopeing for better weather and a decent turnout from our missing, and  reguler supporters. Sheffield are bringing a full 4 seater taxi load i hear. Patch retiring has left a big hole for Aston to fill.  

Archived