Sheffield up next

Batley Bob

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would it be off? If there was any concern I'm sure our excellent Twitter feed would have mentioned the fact there was to be a pitch inspection? Other than the Swinton game called off because it's not theirs and a football pitch how many other games are off today?? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

28 minutes ago, coolie said:

Bound to be on

Government ain't banned 500 people congregating yet ?

Oi , worry about your own gatherings , sheff v fax got 450 fans last week , I’m sure we can beat that

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Why would it be off? If there was any concern I'm sure our excellent Twitter feed would have mentioned the fact there was to be a pitch inspection? Other than the Swinton game called off because it's not theirs and a football pitch how many other games are off today?? 

It was suggested in the match day programme that it might be off due to a waterlogged pitch,  PM.  That's why people have been looking for more info.   Can anyone remember any matches at MP called off for a waterlogged pitch in the past?  

if only we had 2 centres who could tackle......? 

or even 1.....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

6 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Swinton play at Sale RU.

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Masters of our own defeat. Farrell senior kindly gets himself sinbinned for questioning the linesman parentage and we go behind. All we had to do was kick it 10 yards downfield, but think a forward pass is the way to go...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well, I've waited 2 and a half hours, have tried to take something out of that but honestly I can't. A team 99% bereft of courage above all else. I really expected an upturn in commitment under Linners to balance out the fact that we didn't have the largest or overly talented squad, which I thought we got against Fev and to a lesser extent Widnes. Today we met another side in a poor state, yet let them look a cut above us after the first half hour, let them cut through almost at will, in Brown and Thackeray, 2 relatively senior citizens, they had the game in their hands. Somebody commented about our centres, yet Brown, better known as a 13, even at his age was head and shoulders above our 2. At 18 all we had more than 1 chance to pop over a point but looked either incapable of manoeuvring the position or void of a leader to take it on. Again we were architects of our own downfall, poor handling, indecision, the usual indiscipline and other than the periods Brown and Ward were on, we lacked forwards with any command. This already looks like a relegation battle over the next 5 months unless somebody stands up or we fall across 4 star players.

Linners alluded the fact in his radio interview that the coaching staff had pinpointed the areas where sheffield would attack and who would do it but the players still couldn't (or dont have the grey matter) to stop it.

as I've said before,we needed a good clear out at the end of last year.

ultimately same players and same results...a relegation battle is what we are firmly in this year.no doubts about that now.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, il cattivo said:

Linners alluded the fact in his radio interview that the coaching staff had pinpointed the areas where sheffield would attack and who would do it but the players still couldn't (or dont have the grey matter) to stop it.

as I've said before,we needed a good clear out at the end of last year.

ultimately same players and same results...a relegation battle is what we are firmly in this year.no doubts about that now.

He also questions the squads quality

he’s found a gem in bowman and white 

yates isn’t good enough the pack get easily over the advantage line he slows the play down Tomlinson was also poor...  

the pack are doing their jobs with ease... 

we needed a Barry Eaton or Richard price today we’d of won that easy 

Very harsh on Tomlinson. No world beater out of position but he does enough. What does Hooley bring as I don't see him attacking in support breaking the line etc or making defensive tackles or cover. Not to single him out alone. I firmly believe Yates is not only out of his depth in this division but in the sport full stop! Morton was wasted on the wing. Lunt isn't as classy as I thought but maybe the better weather will bring it out of him. Here's hoping Summer rugby favours us!

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Well, I've waited 2 and a half hours, have tried to take something out of that but honestly I can't. A team 99% bereft of courage above all else. I really expected an upturn in commitment under Linners to balance out the fact that we didn't have the largest or overly talented squad, which I thought we got against Fev and to a lesser extent Widnes. Today we met another side in a poor state, yet let them look a cut above us after the first half hour, let them cut through almost at will, in Brown and Thackeray, 2 relatively senior citizens, they had the game in their hands. Somebody commented about our centres, yet Brown, better known as a 13, even at his age was head and shoulders above our 2. At 18 all we had more than 1 chance to pop over a point but looked either incapable of manoeuvring the position or void of a leader to take it on. Again we were architects of our own downfall, poor handling, indecision, the usual indiscipline and other than the periods Brown and Ward were on, we lacked forwards with any command. This already looks like a relegation battle over the next 5 months unless somebody stands up or we fall across 4 star players.

Aaron Brown is only 26/27

48 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

At least Batley got a point under the new golden point rule. So all is not lost.

if you can no longer draw a game at full time ..how come the league table still shows a games drawn column full of zeros.. even though we still registered a draw before loosing on the golden point..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived