Sheffield up next

Batley Bob

3 hours ago, il cattivo said:

Linners alluded the fact in his radio interview that the coaching staff had pinpointed the areas where sheffield would attack and who would do it but the players still couldn't (or dont have the grey matter) to stop it.

as I've said before,we needed a good clear out at the end of last year.

ultimately same players and same results...a relegation battle is what we are firmly in this year.no doubts about that now.

This was the problem with the previous coach.

It's one thing telling the players instructions but another ensuring they follow them. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that this was going to be a stroll - what happened?

At least 900+ of the Batley faithful turned up.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, RPH said:

if you can no longer draw a game at full time ..how come the league table still shows a games drawn column full of zeros.. even though we still registered a draw before loosing on the golden point..

It can still be a draw if there is no points scored in the 10 mins extra time.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

12 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Very harsh on Tomlinson. No world beater out of position but he does enough. What does Hooley bring as I don't see him attacking in support breaking the line etc or making defensive tackles or cover. Not to single him out alone. I firmly believe Yates is not only out of his depth in this division but in the sport full stop! Morton was wasted on the wing. Lunt isn't as classy as I thought but maybe the better weather will bring it out of him. Here's hoping Summer rugby favours us!

He’s missed tackles will be high again... Morton is a winger, Lunt controlled the game we scored 12 out of 18 points when was on the field 

Yates I agree but nothing will change 2 half backs went elsewhere this week enough said 

11 hours ago, RPH said:

if you can no longer draw a game at full time ..how come the league table still shows a games drawn column full of zeros.. even though we still registered a draw before loosing on the golden point..

You did draw a game at full time and were given what amounts to a bonus point. The draw column will be used for the teams that actually do draw after extra time I would imagine. But you would think the point that Batley got could be shown innthe draw column.

On 01/03/2020 at 17:06, youngun said:

Sale Football Ground I believe. Sale RU play at AJ Bell

The pictures in the bar and the honours board are a bit of a clue. I presume that you have been.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived