Match Thread: London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 1st March 2020

Sounds like a great first 40 for the lads keep it going

On Corey Johnson , My grandson goes out with his sister and I believe he has called it a day . Reason unknown 

With 10 to go , I thought we might nil them, but no matter what , A fantastic result for the players and the travelling fans.WELL DONE ROVERS

We sounded very impressive on RoversTV very suprised it was that easy they didnt get a sniff till the last few mins

Big statement to the rest of the league

I thought we would get mullered down there so will stick with same prediction and Swinton will muller us next week! 

19 hours ago, paff said:

Going to go against the grain and say fev win by at least 8 , probably just a bias opinion but i think we are a strong team and can turn them over UTR 

Well i thought we would win by about 8  , good win lads ,this team is a good team and we have more to come we will get better UTR

49 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

We sounded very impressive on RoversTV very suprised it was that easy they didnt get a sniff till the last few mins

Big statement to the rest of the league

I thought we would get mullered down there so will stick with same prediction and Swinton will muller us next week! 

I think your grinding should stick to catering. I said this after mulling over your predic?tion against Swinton.

Enjoyed the game today, we never broke sweat, sat near one of the Broncos match sponsors today, it was his first ever rugby league game and throughly enjoyed it and loved the craic and wished us well for the season ahead. 

Im Fev and im proud

Well I wasn't confident going into this game, but when I saw London's team beforehand, and then when the two teams lined up at kick off, things definitely looked up. They played both their hookers in their starting line-up, they are both built like half backs, and their starting pack was one of the smallest I have seen. They have some big units out wide but their middles all looked really small.

Sure enough, we dominated the physical challenges pretty much throughout. All of our three first half tries came from the scorer simply outmuscling his opponents.

London's game plan is to try and throw the ball around and stretch their opponents but they had no platform to build on, no penetration in attack, and the ball repeatedly went through the hands without any semblance of a gap appearing. That was the outstanding part of today's game, our defensive discipline - I think they had 5 or 6 sets that started inside our 20m in the first half for one reason or another but they never really looked like scoring.

London clearly had an earful from Ward at half time and they resisted quite a lot of pressure for a long time in the second half, but in the end they broke and we scored three tries (should have been four but let's just say Ben Blackmore's passing wasn't as good as his running today!).

Their two late tries came from repeat sets in the last few minutes and in all honesty we weren't flattered by the scoreline.

I think London won't be a threat to the likes of Leigh, Toulouse and us if they are fielding that sort of pack every week as they tried hard but were just outmuscled, we kept things fairly simple because that's all we needed to do.

Should do wonders for our confidence, that win.

Archived