Sky Sports to show regular Championship fixture next month

Would not clap too hard . so this is part of a double header covering an existing super League match.rather than a commitmernt tio the championship.

From a London perspective as we are not part of the summer bash and SKY are not showing catalans games it means the double header with Toulouse in France will nt be on TV on 30th May but does it mean the Double Header at Leeds ground on 9th August wull be ?

The race for the Super League should mean some championship fixtures towards the end of the year in August / September would "move the dial" for SKY in a way that early season fixtures might not.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

16 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Would not clap too hard . so this is part of a double header covering an existing super League match.rather than a commitmernt tio the championship.

From a London perspective as we are not part of the summer bash and SKY are not showing catalans games it means the double header with Toulouse in France will nt be on TV on 30th May but does it mean the Double Header at Leeds ground on 9th August wull be ?

The race for the Super League should mean some championship fixtures towards the end of the year in August / September would "move the dial" for SKY in a way that early season fixtures might not.

I’m glad someone was able to find a negative aspect to this. 

16 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

The Championship game could well be the better of the two matches.

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now just maybe, if Sky are going to show Championship games and if it could become a regular feature (hopefully) it may just be a precursor to the negotiations for the next TV contract, Sky could may be setting out some sublinimle message for SL to consider prior to the negotiations commencing.

Might be jumping the gun there, Harold.

The production is being handled by Neville Smith’s InTouch Productions company - which do Toronto games - on behalf of Sky. So i’d imagine Red Rooster’s theory of being a cheap double-up is correct. 

30 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Will York’s stadium be ready by then? Seems to be mysteriously delayed for reasons nobody seems to be certain of

I really don't think the stadium will be ready. Test events have to take place before it can open and there is no sign of these happening. The game is three and a half weeks away.

There have been a good few rumours about the hold-up, but nothing concrete on causes or timing from any official sources. Unless Sky know something we don't...

14 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I really don't think the stadium will be ready. Test events have to take place before it can open and there is no sign of these happening. The game is three and a half weeks away.

There have been a good few rumours about the hold-up, but nothing concrete on causes or timing from any official sources. Unless Sky know something we don't...

It’s an odd one. I saw a tweet of an FOI request response that referred to legal issues. Didn’t look very positive.

11 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Just a thought, I wonder if the third and final test event will be this game?

Still running things very tight though...

10 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Odd framing of the story.

They have shown regular season games from toronto

They have shown Toulouse in regular season games 

They have shown regular season games from the bash.

I'm really not sure why the framing of the story is that sky are showing the first regular season game for years then throw in loads of caveats.

It's still good news that they are showing it as part of a double header.

I was thinking the same. 

The way it's worded made me think there was a regular showing of Championship fixtures beginning next month, and then to bang on about it being the first time since 2011 seemed to confirm that.

It's a one off game, tagged on the back of a Super League game. That's happened plenty of times in terms of Toronto and Summer Bash games. It's been overstated as something it's not.

It's great that it's on, but let's not say it's something different!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

One things for sure, the Giant Killers never fail to entertain. 

Should be;

Sky Sports Premier League 

Sky Sports F1 

Sky Sports Featherstone Rovers

Etc.......

No

Sky Sports TGG

Sky Sports SL

Sky Sports Championship + Toulouse

Sky Sports NRL

And Sky Sports FFR XIII

Mind you, as it is, my week is filling up nicely!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Not sure Sky showing this game means anything,  equally I don't think Sky showing football tonight on Sky Sports Action is a portent of anything either. Doesn't football have enough bl###y channels. 

20 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Why " + Toulouse"?

Are they not in the Championship?

Because that would be the Championship + all TO's home games channel of course!

Then OurLeague would show everything else!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived