Sun 1 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Catalans Dragons KO 3pm

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/20 at 15:00

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope both Catalans fans are replying with their own 'Sneyd' chant.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, snapski said:

Shouldn’t laugh, but I’m going to anyway. 

If this spells the end for Radford then I will laugh along with you. Unfortunately there is plenty more pain to come yet. 

6 minutes ago, Moove said:

Looking forward to the highlights of this one. Another nail in the coffin for Radford? Can't have many more to go

Maybe he and Price can share a taxi to save money. 

After Huddersfield's being thrashed by Wigan at Huddersfield, it is looking like Catalans, who have only played three games,  will replace Huddersfield in 5th spot very soon.

There can be few excuses from Hull FC's perspective for throwing away an 18 point lead at home. On paper, Hull FC have a run of fixtures coming up where they should pick up a number of wins, especially given their off-season recruitment! If they don't, well...questions have to be asked at least.

Adam Pearson's comments in the programme with a thinly-veiled suggestions that Catalans are breaking the salary cap are interesting. If I was in charge at Catalans and saw such allegations with no merit to back them up, I would be as a minimum demanding a retraction and apology.

40 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Classic case of cue on the rack then Samkins tore them apart. 

He's loosed all his pace, y'know...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Are Catalans the real deal this year? This would definitely be a game that they would have capitulated in over the last.. well decade really. 

I think they just might be the real deal this year...they certainly have the talent.

30 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Adam Pearson's comments in the programme with a thinly-veiled suggestions that Catalans are breaking the salary cap are interesting. If I was in charge at Catalans and saw such allegations with no merit to back them up, I would be as a minimum demanding a retraction and apology.

What did he say? Pearson's got form for calling out other clubs when his own isn't in great health.

We're used to the collapses but to collapse from a position of such dominance is a new low even by our standards.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

35 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Are Catalans the real deal this year? This would definitely be a game that they would have capitulated in over the last.. well decade really. 

I don’t think so but agree it’s not one they would’ve won previously 

If they can keep Maloney, Tomkins and Folau fit, they should be in the 5

Folau is 50% exempt, Maloney and probably Samkins are the marquees.

Kasiano will be on decent corn but I imagine many of the French players are not big earners. And they offloaded Gigot and Kenny Edwards. I wouldn’t be any more suspicious about Catalans than, say, Warrington. 

I see from the statistical info that Les Dracs posted on their website before the game that they have quite a good track record at the KCOM in recent times.  In each of the last three seasons they have played there twice and won one and lost one.  Maybe the 'bad travellers' notion is increasingly a thing of the past.

I understand the calls for Radford's dismissal, but I wonder whether we are not in danger of aping soccer too much in terms of impatience, especially as it relates to managerial change.  We are only five games into the season (that said, I do realise the disquiet pre-dates the current season)

If Hull FC got complacent with an 18 point lead and switched off, I wonder how much of the blame rests with the coach.  That would be a bad error of judgement in a lower amateur league game.  The Hull FC players are professionals.  Shouldn't they take the blame for a poor mental approach?

Just some thoughts!

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Folau is 50% exempt, Maloney and probably Samkins are the marquees.

Kasiano will be on decent corn but I imagine many of the French players are not big earners. And they offloaded Gigot and Kenny Edwards. I wouldn’t be any more suspicious about Catalans than, say, Warrington. 

Good points, MoK, and I suspect that Folau has come quite cheaply.  The number of options he had may have totalled one, and he would have been eager just to get himself back in the shop window for season 2021 and beyond.

Archived