Sat 29 Feb: SL: Toronto Wolfpack v St Helens KO 6pm

Who will win?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/20 at 18:00

Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Belgrade etc etc were all mooted when Toronto come in and then London was announced. Okay but Saracens was a fair way from public transport, a plastic pitch and by all accounts hardly a great ground. Then they demanded four times the amount of money and the “game changers” (their own words) have taken the game to Warrington, hardly innovating or much of a game changer, especially given they’ve also had games moved to Leeds and Hull in the past. 

The positive is we’re no longer playing on a plastic pitch and some of our players who normally get given a rest when we face sides on artificial surfaces will play, especially given the injury situation we have in the backs. I expect Regan Grace to return for this one, so the inexperienced and dysfunctional set-up of Costello and Bentley will be broken up after one week, thankfully. With a bit more experience on that edge, we could have had another try against the Roosters and the old “what could have been’s emerge”. 

This game is certainly more interesting than it was a few days ago, with how we’ll cope post-Roosters and how Toronto will do after their improved performance against Warrington in the second half. 

Genuinely think Toronto could cause an upset here. With the stretched playing resources they’ve had they have still been competing in large parts of the game in recent weeks against top opposition. SBW another week back into it, Gigot finding his place in the team - just feels like it all might just click. They are nothing if not courageous. Pack by 4 

50 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Genuinely think Toronto could cause an upset here. With the stretched playing resources they’ve had they have still been competing in large parts of the game in recent weeks against too opposition. SBW another week back into it, Gigot finding his place in the team - just feels like it all might just click. They are nothing if not courageous. Pack by 4 

I would agree with you if Toronto were at full strength, but believe they are missing Lussick and Springer. I’m not sure their other props are up to matching Walmsley and Thompson.

I think that if Saints had won against Wire then I could see Toronto winning this after the effort and disappointment of last week. However I suspect that that will focus the minds a bit more as they won't want to have lost 2 so early in the season. As Sir Kev mentioned above, I think that the props will do the business and should lead Saints to a 10 point win, maybe more if Grace is back.

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I would agree with you if Toronto were at full strength, but believe they are missing Lussick and Springer. I’m not sure their other props are up to matching Walmsley and Thompson.

Fair point but neither of them would have been starting against Walmsley and Thompson - they've been going with Singleton and Mullally. It'll be more whether the interchange options without Springer and Lussick are up to much - Sidlow will go ok but not sure who else they have. 

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Toronto getting 16 points start with most bookies so some serious money to be made for a fair few who tip Toronto to win.

6/1 Toronto on scratch.

I don't think anyone will take that bet, I suspect from the TWP tipster's there is more feeling from the heart rather than the head. 

Toronto are making progress but this result depends very much on how Saints back up after the Roosters game. They have Grace back which adds a lot more strike power out wide. If Saints play with a similar pace & intensity to last week then I think there's a hefty thumping on the cards for Totonto. If their energy & intensity is lower then it could be a fairly tight contest, but i'd still fancy Saints to have too much for them in the end.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, and not one of them have been right yet! but if they keep going the law of averages will eventually come up trumps.

And then , if my experience of gamblers is anything to go on , they'll all be claiming they're ' up ' , when in truth they are very much ' down ' 

Archived