Fri 28 Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/02/20 at 19:45

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on the weather, could be a bad day at the office for Warrington.   A resurgent Leeds side will punish Wire if they switch off like they did against Toronto.

If the weather is fine and the moves well-executed I'd hope for a Warrington victory by a couple of scores.   However, if it's typical wet and windy February weather or if Warrington have another down day like at Wakefield I can see Leeds outscoring us 4 to 2.

Guess we'll see which side turns up.   No Ashton but at least Hill is back and Widdop has had a bit more time to gel with Austin.

Wire will be up for this even though Leeds have gone into a decline in recent years they're still a team Wire want to beat well . I think Wire will nick this one .Leeds still have a bit of rebuilding yet , but progress is being made 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

A repeat of last season at home would be great,and who can forget that dive for the line by Lineham 10 yards out only to finish 5yards short and pushed into touch. On a serious note I think Warrington will be too strong for us this time round so Wire by 10.

Wire have Chris Hill back after suspension but fantastic new signing Matty Ashton is out with a hamstring problem.

It's rarely easy at Headingley but I'm quietly confident we will have enough to win by 6 or 7 points.

Looks like another wet and cold evening on that awful Western Terrace ☔ Might have to retreat to the shiny new North Stand.

21 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He's wirey so maybe going to be injury prone? I assume the conditioners at Wire are working on putting a body on him? 

He tried to kick as he was hit hard on the last tackle. But reports only say he misses this week. As for conditioners no idea. 

No Mamo at centre, so my guess would be Currie in the three quarters, Johnson or Burrell starting 2nd row.

Burrell is surprisingly strong in the tackle but I feel he might get caught out positionally at centre? Who knows. Price seems to want to get him playing every week so I guess we’ll see. I want to see more of Luis Johnson too though.

Still fancy Leeds at home against a hit and miss Wire side, which would mean no back to back wins since June ?

Looking forward to this one (the quality of the play the balls excepted).

I think Leeds have got better the last few weeks after a convincing first round loss and this will be a test of where they are.

I have a feeling Leeds will pinch this one.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Oughtn’t Burrell have been promoted from the bench? 

In the games I’ve seen he hasn’t been defending at centre but the next or next but two in so maybe Price thinks he is more of a second row?

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Oughtn’t Burrell have been promoted from the bench? 

It's an odd one. Obviously we are just happy to give him experience from the bench, because we have used Mamo, Ratchford and now Brand ahead of Burrell as Gellings replacement. 

Just now, Dave T said:

It's an odd one. Obviously we are just happy to give him experience from the bench, because we have used Mamo, Ratchford and now Brand ahead of Burrell as Gellings replacement. 

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

In the games I’ve seen he hasn’t been defending at centre but the next or next but two in so maybe Price thinks he is more of a second row?

I’m getting ever more convinced that signing Burrell was the suits’ idea and Price is just humouring his bosses by having him on the bench.

Archived