Thu 27 Feb: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/02/20 at 19:45

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, that's how you ignore a support player.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Plenty of effort but we are missing so many key players so we are lacking a lot of quality needed at this level. Our forwards were outmuscled again as well and at times we were having three or four defenders on a ball carrier and still struggling to bring them down.

Four of our next five games are against Wigan, Warrington, Saints and Hull so the other game against Toronto really now is a must win.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

McShane MOM by a mile 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Now, that's how you ignore a support player.

Hmmm...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I thought Hull KR were on the end of a string of stinkers in the first ten minutes of second half.

Brierley got ten minutes for going shoulder-to-shoulder with a man twice his size; didn't even think it was a penalty. But I am not sure there was an obvious alternative restart since Kendall had blown up with the ball still in play (and yet giving 'no try' - wtf).

Cas were clearly dominant after that and it wasn't really a contest.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I thought Hull KR were on the end of a string of stinkers in the first ten minutes of second half.

Brierley got ten minutes for going shoulder-to-shoulder with a man twice his size; didn't even think it was a penalty. But I am not sure there was an obvious alternative restart since Kendall had blown up with the ball still in play (and yet giving 'no try' - wtf).

It may have been shoulder-to-shoulder, but Brierley clearly stepped in his line with zero intention of getting the ball and only to block off the potential play. The fact the guy he was fighting with was twice his size is irrelevant IMO.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Give over, you can't move into a player and knock him off course, it was an intentional play and quite rightly deserved a sit down.

42 minutes ago, Click said:

It may have been shoulder-to-shoulder, but Brierley clearly stepped in his line with zero intention of getting the ball and only to block off the potential play. The fact the guy he was fighting with was twice his size is irrelevant IMO.

Agreed. Brierley attempted to impede a player and prevent a try scoring opportunity. It's a textbook professional foul. Even if you want to try and argue that the yellow card was harsh, Brierley was still dumb enough to give the referee a decision to make and, when you do that, you've got little right to argue when he makes one you don't like. 

Castleford were impressive and exciting to watch but having seen KR twice in recent weeks, I think it's fair to say that when you sign Championship players, you end up with a Championship team.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Give over, you can't move into a player and knock him off course, it was an intentional play and quite rightly deserved a sit down.

He didn’t change his line, he was running towards the ball in an equal contest for it. Wasn’t a penalty, can’t see that being given in 9/10 other scenarios - but the officials had boxed themselves in, didn’t have any other out having pulled Dagger up from his exit run with clear space ahead of him. Bit embarrassing really 

Cas would clearly have won either way, wearing the middles down in 2nd half (it was inevitable from about minute 21 for all to see), so no sour grapes here - just frustration with daft calls

Thought Rovers showed real ticker in a side with 9 of our 1st 13 missing which most people seem to not notice, especially without 1, 6, 7 and 9. If we can get 2 decent sized forwards in (we’ve cap space), we’ll win enough games. But that’s a big if 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

14 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

He didn’t change his line, he was running towards the ball in an equal contest for it. Wasn’t a penalty, can’t see that being given in 9/10 other scenarios - but the officials had boxed themselves in, didn’t have any other out having pulled Dagger up from his exit run with clear space ahead of him. Bit embarrassing really 

Cas would clearly have won either way, wearing the middles down in 2nd half (it was inevitable from about minute 21 for all to see), so no sour grapes here - just frustration with daft calls

Thought Rovers showed real ticker in a side with 9 of our 1st 13 missing which most people seem to not notice, especially without 1, 6, 7 and 9. If we can get 2 decent sized forwards in (we’ve cap space), we’ll win enough games. But that’s a big if 

That's exactly how it looked to me when you saw the replay from behind the sticks.

But as you say, it would have made little difference to the final outcome.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 minutes ago, Ullman said:

That's exactly how it looked to me when you saw the replay from behind the sticks.

But as you say, it would have made little difference to the final outcome.

As a neutral, Brierley should have just gone for the ball rather than the professional foul. He wasn't looking at the ball at all.

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

As a neutral, Brierley should have just gone for the ball rather than the professional foul. He wasn't looking at the ball at all.

As a non-neutral very much leaning to Castleford, I didn't think there was anything in it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

46 minutes ago, Ullman said:

As a non-neutral very much leaning to Castleford, I didn't think there was anything in it.

Thanks. Given the obvious significant impact of one side being down to 12 for the 1st 10 mins of a half in a tight contest (scoreboard-wise To then at least), I’d expect it to have to be bloomin’ blatant to give a binning.  

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

39 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Thanks. Given the obvious significant impact of one side being down to 12 for the 1st 10 mins of a half in a tight contest (scoreboard-wise To then at least), I’d expect it to have to be bloomin’ blatant to give a binning.  

it was blatant

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

The main point that you are all missing is that it is A Good Thing that Cas are rightfully restored to their natural place at The Top Of The Table. That Cas have played more games is utterly irrelevant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/super-league/table

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

--------------------------

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

3 hours ago, Angelic Upstart said:

Just watched the Brierley binning again did look a bit harsh to me. Because Kendall blew up and stopped the game the VR had no choice, if the VR thought it was play on how would you re-start the game? So he had to make that decision regardless. In my opinion of course.

I thought it was harsh as well and it was such a pivotal moment in the game as Cas then started to dominate field position and scored and then all the momentum was with them from then on.

Archived