Adam Maher- Another RL victim of MND.

Former NRL and SL player Adam Maher has lost his fight with MND.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/adam-maher-hull-fc-dies-3884930

He made an emotional appearance at the KC Stadium as recently as last year, supported by close friend Craig Greenhill, walking round the pitch waving to the Hull FC fans before their opening SL fixture v Castleford.

https://www.hullfc.com/news/2019-02-05-knuckles-thanks-hull-for-adam-maher-support

RIP Adam.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Excellent 2nd row who didn’t take a backward step.  Strong in the tackle and good hands.  

I have vivid memories of him getting slugged by a Huddersfield player close to the tunnel at the Boulevard.  Half a dozen quick punches later the instigator was looking back up at Adam from the ground.  

Very sad day and our thoughts are with his family today.

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Excellent 2nd row who didn’t take a backward step.  Strong in the tackle and good hands.  

I have vivid memories of him getting slugged by a Huddersfield player close to the tunnel at the Boulevard.  Half a dozen quick punches later the instigator was looking back up at Adam from the ground.  

Very sad day and our thoughts are with his family today.

That was the moment Adam's status changed from "well respected" to cult hero. We used to call him Unsung because every match report in the Hull Daily Mail referred to him as unsung hero Adam Maher (despite the fact we all realised how good he was).

I was both shocked and saddened to hear he'd passed away so soon after his visit to these shores. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived