2020 Scottish National League and Scottish Cup Fixtures

So there is 3 teams in the Scottish domestic competition and one Scottish team Edinburgh Eagles in the northeast of England competition that also play in the Scottish knockout competition. Read there where 2 under 16 sides last year. People are doing good work in Scotland to get the game going forward but I dont think that Scotland currently meets the criteria for a full member nation in order to qualify for the 2021 World Cup? Nations who fulfilled Criteria and missed out to Scotland could be within there rights to question Scotlands inclusion in the 2021 world cup!  

1. An organisation applying for Full Membership must meet all Affiliate Member criteria.
  2. Complete and submit to IRL annual accounts for at least 24-months prior to application.
  3. Publish and lodge with IRL annual reports for at least two years prior to application.
  4. Be able to demonstrate the financial stability of the organisation.
  5. Conduct regular rugby league competitions within the country – competition is defined as a 13-a-side league competition played under International Laws of rugby league over a minimum of a 10-week period.
  • a)     Minimum 8 open age teams each playing a minimum of 6 regular season matches, not including play-offs
  • b)     Minimum 4 open age reserve division teams each playing a minimum of 3 regular season matches, not including play-offs
  • c)     Minimum six-team junior club (or school) competition with each team playing a minimum of four regular season matches, not including play-offs. The age range of the competition may be anything from U14 to U18, with the six named teams all being of the same age category.
  • d)     At least 500 registered participants (players, coaches and match officials)

They have never, at any point in their history, ever fulfilled this criteria.

But, I believe the rule (that once existed) about being a full-member in order to play in WC is no longer a rule.  I believe the rule now states that only Affiliate and Full members can enter the WC qualifiers.  But once you are in the qualifiers, you can go all the way if you win your matches.

6 hours ago, langpark said:

They have never, at any point in their history, ever fulfilled this criteria.

But, I believe the rule (that once existed) about being a full-member in order to play in WC is no longer a rule.  I believe the rule now states that only Affiliate and Full members can enter the WC qualifiers.  But once you are in the qualifiers, you can go all the way if you win your matches.

OK, so Affiliate members can enter world cup qualifiers and from there if they qualify they are in the world cup.But I wonder how many registered Rugby League participants there are in Scotland at present? Going by there website there is 4 x mens sides, 2  x under 16 sides, 2 x Wheelchair sides and they are holding open trials to set up a womens national side. At a guess Id say 200 participants including coaches, refs and administrators. 

Yes, I think you are still being generous,  but for benefit of the doubt let's say 200.  Still way off the supposed 500 required.  And this is the most activity they've had over the last few years, so imagine just how far off they have been up until now.

• 1 month later...
On 03/03/2020 at 07:10, kiwis 13 6 said:

OK, so Affiliate members can enter world cup qualifiers and from there if they qualify they are in the world cup.But I wonder how many registered Rugby League participants there are in Scotland at present? Going by there website there is 4 x mens sides, 2  x under 16 sides, 2 x Wheelchair sides and they are holding open trials to set up a womens national side. At a guess Id say 200 participants including coaches, refs and administrators. 

They lost their full membership status

Archived