Catalan Dragons TV negotiations

10 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

If the game is telecast by the new partner, W9, I wonder if they will hire the former commentary team from BeIN and Sports Plus, from when those channels had the rights, namely Rodolphe Pires and Louis Bonnery. Rodolphe is an excitement machine, and although blatantly partisan for Catalans, gives great colour to the telecast for French viewers.

Yes he is partisan in a big way.  The silences when the opposition score are deafening, but he’s enthusiastic and the BEIN presentations and half time fillers were really good imo

11 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

If the game is telecast by the new partner, W9, I wonder if they will hire the former commentary team from BeIN and Sports Plus, from when those channels had the rights, namely Rodolphe Pires and Louis Bonnery. Rodolphe is an excitement machine, and although blatantly partisan for Catalans, gives great colour to the telecast for French viewers.

HONESTLY????

I personnaly have to turn down the sound to zero when watching a RL game on BEING. they are ruining the game to me. often wrong analyses, often talking about something else when the action actually leads to a try...

these 2 commentators together are reaaaaally bad. yes Pires is enthusiastic (and that is great) , but sounds like a newby even if he has been commenting for several years rugby League. he cannot help to refer to bonnery who is VERY overrated in term of game science and ability to really describe and make you enjoy the game. Pires would have been better alone.

10 hours ago, Fabou said:

HONESTLY????

I personnaly have to turn down the sound to zero when watching a RL game on BEING. they are ruining the game to me. often wrong analyses, often talking about something else when the action actually leads to a try...

these 2 commentators together are reaaaaally bad. yes Pires is enthusiastic (and that is great) , but sounds like a newby even if he has been commenting for several years rugby League. he cannot help to refer to bonnery who is VERY overrated in term of game science and ability to really describe and make you enjoy the game. Pires would have been better alone.

That is actually a pretty fair description of the entire Sky match commentary and pundit crew.

12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

They must know they are missing out. Folau factor etc. 

I agree. Folau is still relatively at his peak and viewers want to see one of the best Three Quarters in either code play.

Folau last season was tearing up Super Rugby and has started SL well. 

Further Les Dracs imo always add something to Sky's coverage as its a unique thing, Saturday late afternoon, and a heartland of RL that is still exotic as its the South of France too. 

Its been a real shame they have been off air so far this season. 

It is interesting to see that Sky are prepared to cover some of these international games. They obviously value 3 or 4 games a weekend, which is a really positive sign. For the future. 

On 28/02/2020 at 09:33, Fabou said:

yes Pires is enthusiastic (and that is great) , but sounds like a newby even if he has been commenting for several years rugby League. 

He was writing for Treize Magazine in the 1990s. He's spoken about watching RC Albi as a child in the 1970s and 1980s. I guess there is a balance between talking to people who don't know anything about rugby league and true fans.

Archived