Welcome ryan

Sticklebricks

1 minute ago, silverfox said:

2018  do you not like Ryan personally . Comments like that  are way out of order.  Full marks to Ryan for giving it ago. Chris isnt stupid and must have seen something  that YOU haven't.   Good luck Ryan  . and if you know 2018 I hope you ram his words down his throat. By the way Fifita  will take some beating  as been the worst signing .  

Mick Matache would run him close

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, town2018 said:

Just because players have a desire to succeed and want to play for town doesn't make them a good signing yes it helps but ability to play at this level has got to be priority surely and this lad is way off Ive watched him a lot and seen nothing that stands out maybe should off went and had a year or 2 in conference 1st 

Surely players who have a desire to play for your club are good signings? If you have a desire to play, then you will have a desire to improve your own game and become a better player. I think it’s a great idea Town are giving locals the platform to succeed. Wish him all the best . Are you doing this to cause trouble or ? Utt

If all you passing judgement had any knowledge of rugby league or even played the game you would know Ryan is a solid player. Offers many qualities in attack and defence. One of the toughest players out there. But you continue to sit behind your keyboard bad mouthing players before they even put on a shirt on but yet continue to wonder why locals won’t sign for town.

If you were that good yourself you would of played at town or a decent level instead of slagging players going out there trying to improve there game. 

43 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

If all you passing judgement had any knowledge of rugby league or even played the game you would know Ryan is a solid player. Offers many qualities in attack and defence. One of the toughest players out there. But you continue to sit behind your keyboard bad mouthing players before they even put on a shirt on but yet continue to wonder why locals won’t sign for town.

If you were that good yourself you would of played at town or a decent level instead of slagging players going out there trying to improve there game. 

And maybe you should actually read a thread before passing judgement as 99% of people  have been welcoming and encouraging 

50 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

One, one person has passed judgement so get of your high horse and read the thread first before castigating us for something one person has done. 

Welcome to the club Ryan, hope your stay is a successful one. 

On a different note the online article by Gareth Walker regarding Chris Thorman and the club is a very interesting read and really highlights what Chris is trying to do. Hopefully his vision can become reality and we once again have a successful club that has really solid foundations. 

2 hours ago, silverfox said:

2018  do you not like Ryan personally . Comments like that  are way out of order.  Full marks to Ryan for giving it ago. Chris isnt stupid and must have seen something  that YOU haven't.   Good luck Ryan  . and if you know 2018 I hope you ram his words down his throat. By the way Fifita  will take some beating  as been the worst signing .  

? 2 weeks away ,2 weeks away,latu Fifita your 2 weeks away? ?

3 hours ago, silverfox said:

Fifita and verlinden were a couple of whoppers

2 hours ago, Fanboy said:

Ryan hasn't played any higher than elbra no barla call ups or anything and hasn't exactly been a stand out performer at elbra eiva tbh but hope he goes well and proves me wrong 

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

Ryan hasn't played any higher than elbra no barla call ups or anything and hasn't exactly been a stand out performer at elbra eiva tbh but hope he goes well and proves me wrong 

I hope your big enough to hold your hand up when he proves you wrong when you haven't even given the lad a chance. I've spoken to a few lads who have played both alongside and against him, and they all say he will take to it like a duck to water. You seem to be the lone voice in this overwhelming doubt pal.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

10 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I hope your big enough to hold your hand up when he proves you wrong when you haven't even given the lad a chance. I've spoken to a few lads who have played both alongside and against him, and they all say he will take to it like a duck to water. You seem to be the lone voice in this overwhelming doubt pal.

As I've said in previous comments I hope he does prove me wrong 

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

Cumbria county, and captain of Ellbra. In 2018 he was man of the match in the Cumberland cup final playing on the losing side.

if you don’t think he’s been a stand out at ellbra you’re watching the wrong sport

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

What you have to understand is that, he will now be training in a different environment, under a professional coach, he will also be playing with a higher calibre of player, no disrespect to elbra, all this will improve his skill levels, fitness and attitude, so what ever CT has seen in the lad he must be confident enough that he can make a good addition to the team. 

A lot of very talented amateur players don't get representative honors because they can't afford it, work wont allow it, their family/relationship situation doesn't allow it or maybe they just don't want to.

As much as people know the Barla and community lions coaches might have been begging Ryan to play.

19 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

A lot of very talented amateur players don't get representative honors because they can't afford it, work wont allow it, their family/relationship situation doesn't allow it or maybe they just don't want to.

As much as people know the Barla and community lions coaches might have been begging Ryan to play.

But a lot of the amateur  players are not interested in playing for the county anymore, its less important to them,  just like both the Challenge cup and Barla cup, clubs don't enter because the players are not interested. 

26 minutes ago, JMB said:

But a lot of the amateur  players are not interested in playing for the county anymore, its less important to them,  just like both the Challenge cup and Barla cup, clubs don't enter because the players are not interested. 

Why do you think things have changed in that respect? Can understand the national cup to a degree (even though it used to be the holy grail for a lot of clubs) but surely amateur teams would want to have a real crack at the challenge cup? Testing themselves against the pros.

Is it a money thing?

41 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Why do you think things have changed in that respect? Can understand the national cup to a degree (even though it used to be the holy grail for a lot of clubs) but surely amateur teams would want to have a real crack at the challenge cup? Testing themselves against the pros.

Is it a money thing?

That has a bit to do with it, but for some reason it hasn't got the glamour it once had, you just have to look at the attendance numbers at the final, 

29 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Missed one game with an ear ache ?

Seem to remember us really struggling for a team and he pulled out because he'd been stung by a bee!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

10 hours ago, Town Army said:

Is it a money thing?

The National Cup is nonentity these days run by a few dinosaurs in deepest Yorkshire clinging to power.

Amateur clubs no longer make any money out of the Challenge Cup,in a lot of cases it costs them,this year the early rounds were scheduled when some clubs were only just returning to training.

Again timing of County matches have coincided with NCL play offs which have prevented a lot of the best players turning out for Cumbria.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

The National Cup is nonentity these days run by a few dinosaurs in deepest Yorkshire clinging to power.

Amateur clubs no longer make any money out of the Challenge Cup,in a lot of cases it costs them,this year the early rounds were scheduled when some clubs were only just returning to training.

Again timing of County matches have coincided with NCL play offs which have prevented a lot of the best players turning out for Cumbria.

All a bit disjointed by the sound of things ?

Archived