HKR Last night.

9 hours ago, Celt said:

Castleford.... a town so bereft of fun, that people laugh at signs with distances on them.

this from a person who post things like this and finds them funny!!

I see that in line with their recent spate of loan signings, Warrington have now Loaned Wolfie, their wolf mascot, to the Wolfpack. The 1 week loan deal will see Wolfie on the park for the TWP away game at St Helens. Genius!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

11 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Beer is awful at this place, its quite a poor venue in general

Perhaps, if you’re used to FC’s generously-build bowl. But for those of us who remember watching KR against Barrow with 1300 others on a postage stamp sized, grass-free zero drainage pitch with both speedway and dog tracks between us and the match, and sod all else as facilities go, it’s a bloody palace.

I’m not sure what could have easily been a permanent Championship club gets enough credit for slowly improving our facilities, tiny step by tiny step, as the club progresses. Or more realistically as Hudgell’s business grew...

When we laid the new, full size pitch and stuck up those green temporary seats in the north it was progress enough. I’ve never been so pleased with a patch of grass. Extending the east stand and cleverly wangling public money to build a proper north stand with restaurant, exec boxes and the like... jeez, that was off the scale.

If the council stop messing Neil around we’ll soon own the freehold, and build a training centre on site with 4G etc, and hopefully a south stand. One foot in front of the other - in 10 years time we’ll have a lovely boutique stadium and community hub, and we’ll have done it the bloody hard way. That’ll do me. 

Must be a model for Cas and Wakey surely? Better this than waiting for a property developer to build 4 identical metal sheds by a ring road 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Perhaps, if you’re used to FC’s generously-build bowl. But for those of us who remember watching KR against Barrow with 1300 others on a postage stamp sized, grass-free zero drainage pitch with both speedway and dog tracks between us and the match, and sod all else as facilities go, it’s a bloody palace.

I’m not sure what could have easily been a permanent Championship club gets enough credit for slowly improving our facilities, tiny step by tiny step, as the club progresses. Or more realistically as Hudgell’s business grew...

When we laid the new, full size pitch and stuck up those green temporary seats in the north it was progress enough. I’ve never been so pleased with a patch of grass. Extending the east stand and cleverly wangling public money to build a proper north stand with restaurant, exec boxes and the like... jeez, that was off the scale.

If the council stop messing Neil around we’ll soon own the freehold, and build a training centre on site with 4G etc, and hopefully a south stand. One foot in front of the other - in 10 years time we’ll have a lovely boutique stadium and community hub, and we’ll have done it the bloody hard way. That’ll do me. 

Must be a model for Cas and Wakey surely? Better this than waiting for a property developer to build 4 identical metal sheds by a ring road 

Cas and wakeys grounds are far better grounds then kr. 

11 hours ago, Celt said:

Castleford.... a town so bereft of fun, that people laugh at signs with distances on them.

@CeltIt's difficult for us to do "fun" when you produce people like Malcolm. Imagine constantly having to look over your shoulder, in case some granite-hard-8@$t@rd demands that you do exhausting drills.

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

--------------------------

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Cas and wakeys grounds are far better grounds then kr. 

Aw mate, do us a favour. I know your username is a clue but with comments like that you don’t need it ?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It was rubbish when away fans had to stand behind the posts, miles away from the pitch. Made Watersheddings in winter seem inviting. Today, it's a great place to visit and all credit to Rovers for it all being largely self-funded.

10 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Definately worth saying 3 times that.

If you say it 3 times whilst looking in the mirror, does it appear behind you ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 28/02/2020 at 18:05, corvusxiii said:

Thought this was fun at HKR last night. The last time I was at HKR Cas scored 30 points but lost by 2 as I remember. Some greased whippet called Antony Sullivan got a hat trick. Appalling beer though....hic....

IMG-20200228-WA0000.jpg

If we get back in the big time then I hope KR have enough numbers for this

Archived