Harry Newman: Leeds Rhinos’ Junior Senior

spacer.png

Harry Newman is a young man with a wise old head on his shoulders, determined to achieve success as well as avoiding the pitfalls it can bring. In the latest issue of Rugby League World magazine, Matthew Shaw finds out what makes him tick.

“People are allowed their opinion, that’s fine, but I focus on what I know and how I can get better.”

View the full article

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

Gonna be the business this kid . Kids like him and Trueman and others who are showing up strong in SL at a tender age give England a bright future , even present if we throw them in . They’re looking good enough with the experienced players around them 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Gonna be the business this kid 

I agree. One of the best centre prospects we have produced in a long time.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Superb lady night

Come again!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

First time i saw Harry play was on dual reg with us FEV at The Mount against Batley a couple of years ago.I posted after the game what a great prospect he was.Check the Fev Forum and you will see from my posts about him how i thought he was a tremendous prospect who reminded me of a young Paul Newlove.

15 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Good player, hope he can step up and fulfill his potential. Poor comparison with Senior.

The feature is not a comparison with Senior. The headline is just a play on words referencing the 'old head on young shoulders' angle of the story and the intro to it.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

The feature is not a comparison with Senior. The headline is just a play on words referencing the 'old head on young shoulders' angle of the story and the intro to it.

I imagine 90% of readers see an article about a young Leeds centre with the title "Junior Senior" and will assume it's a reference to Leeds' most notable centre of the past 40 years. Amazed if that didn't cross the minds of anyone writing it.

Apart from that, good article, even better player.

44 minutes ago, M j M said:

I imagine 90% of readers see an article about a young Leeds centre with the title "Junior Senior" and will assume it's a reference to Leeds' most notable centre of the past 40 years. Amazed if that didn't cross the minds of anyone writing it.

I wrote the headline and it didn't cross my mind. ?‍♂️

But anyone who reads the feature will know that's not what it's about.

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Apart from that, good article, even better player.

I think most sentient adults with a knowledge of the game would understand the title as a reference to Newman's youth playing first team rugby,  rather than a reference to Keef. John's prose is a bit more sophisticated than that.

12 minutes ago, longboard said:

I think most sentient adults with a knowledge of the game would understand the title as a reference to Newman's youth playing first team rugby,  rather than a reference to Keef. John's prose is a bit more sophisticated than that.

I must admit when I saw the headline, I did assume it was a reference to Keith Senior.  I like to think I have some knowledge of the game but I admit the jury is out on whether I am sentient or not.

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I must admit when I saw the headline, I did assume it was a reference to Keith Senior.  I like to think I have some knowledge of the game but I admit the jury is out on whether I am sentient or not.

What do the nurses say?

On 29/02/2020 at 09:24, DavidM said:

Gonna be the business this kid . Kids like him and Trueman and others who are showing up strong in SL at a tender age give England a bright future , even present if we throw them in . They’re looking good enough with the experienced players around them 

On 29/02/2020 at 18:43, dkw said:

Superb last night, man of the match in my opinion. He's going to be a superb player and should definitely be in with a shout of an international call up. 

Great prospect as you both say, but at this moment in time would you select him ahead of Griffin, Connor, Percival, Lynn, Gildart, Bibby or King?

Of those mentioned I think that Griffin is the most improved, he is big, powerful and fast and if he keeps up his present form he should not be overlooked come the test series, my opinion of course.

Archived