Sign in to follow this  
RL does what Sky says

29 February... What's so special ?

It happens once every four years ... so what's so special for you about this date ?

Well can anyone equal this RL record held by Oldham (certainly nobody can beat it !) .....

Since the formation of the Rugby League (Northern Union) in 1895 Oldham have played 6 matches on 29 February (1908, 1936, 1964, 1968, 1976, 2008) ... and won all of them !

Furthermore the points conceded in each match were as follows ... 2, 5, 7, 2, 5, 8 ... a total of - yes you guessed it - 29 !!!!

Has any other team got a 100% record for matches played on any particular date ?

Edited by RL does what Sky says

Nice bit of trivia, I like that.

Saw on BBC Breakfast someone celebrating their 13th Birthday, on the same day as her daughter was celebrating her 6th birthday, Yes, you guessed it, they were both born on February 29th.

• Like 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Saw on BBC Breakfast someone celebrating their 13th Birthday, on the same day as her daughter was celebrating her 6th birthday, Yes, you guessed it, they were both born on February 29th.

I once went to patient who was celebrating her 21st Birthday that day. She was 84.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

I once had a patient on my theatre list aged 8, so I got all the equipment ready for an 8 year old, when this 30 something came in I thought we had the wrong patient, then she told me to check her date of birth, it was a leap day. 

• Haha 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

15 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

This is the link to the details shown on the "Oldham RL Heritage Trust" website ... https://orl-heritagetrust.org.uk/today-in-history/

EDIT It's now 1 March and the above link has changed to matches on that date ... you'll have to check it all again in 2024 !!!

Edited by RL does what Sky says