Swinton v Leigh Postpobed

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Absolute joke 

If the pitch is unplayable then it is unplayable.

I must say as a Swinton fan I am disappointed that the game cannot go ahead.The Second league game at home we have had postponed.

In my opinion I question the wisdom of the league starting in February.

I think it might be time to consider starting the league in say Mid/late March or even the start of April with this ? weather we seem to be getting 

10 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I must say as a Swinton fan I am disappointed that the game cannot go ahead.The Second league game at home we have had postponed.

I think it might be time to consider starting the league in say Mid/late March or even the start of April with this ? weather we seem to be getting 

Though all the other games are going ahead so maybe it’s Swinton’s pitch that’s the problem?

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Though all the other games are going ahead so maybe it’s Swinton’s pitch that’s the problem?

Yes , it's a union pitch , so most likely taking a battering recently 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , it's a union pitch , so most likely taking a battering recently 

Swinton played on it last weekend. I was told it hasn't been used by the RU club since Feb 1st due to the various storms.

5 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Swinton play at a Union stadium , if they say no , it's no 

I'm two miles from the ground and everywhere here is totally sodden

40 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

And finish the season in November? With the play-offs in the weeks leading up to Christmas?

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Swinton played on it last weekend. I was told it hasn't been used by the RU club since Feb 1st due to the various storms.

Even if they could play on it, they don’t want to ruin it then no one will be able to play on it and it’ll cost money to fix it

It's supposed to be a summer game. February in the Northern Hemisphere is NOT summer. Start the season in March and play fewer games - the crowds in the winter are negligible anyway. And, speaking selfishly, it helps with TWP's scheduling problems. Doesn't solve them, but every little bit helps.

Just for the record, we've had over a foot of snow the past few days and today is the first day the temp has climbed over freezing.

Swinton v Leigh Postpobed

I hope your cold gets better soon.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, TIWIT said:

It's supposed to be a summer game. February in the Northern Hemisphere is NOT summer. Start the season in March and play fewer games - the crowds in the winter are negligible anyway. And, speaking selfishly, it helps with TWP's scheduling problems. Doesn't solve them, but every little bit helps.

Just for the record, we've had over a foot of snow the past few days and today is the first day the temp has climbed over freezing.

Barring the freak weather 2 years ago, summer in Manchester lasts around 3 weeks so it would be a pretty short season.

Archived