Season Predictions

paff

Hi All 

I have not been on for a while so i dont know if this topic as been raised .just for peoples views 

My thoughts are finishing positions

1st Leigh 

2nd Fev  Only because i think Leigh will beat us on points difference ,we seem to let lower teams come back at us 

3rd Toulose 

4th London 

5th Widnes 

I think Bradford will be pushing and might get in 

Hi Rob , i put this on before the Dewsbury game i just fancied Dewsbury tonight and i dont think Windes will be as good this season as last ,going to Dewsbury on a cold sunday night is not easy 

Those predictions seem about right paff, simply because we know that Fev are both capable of pulling off something miraculous, but also of putting in an atrocious performance, I hope that the Barrow game was it for the season? I also hope the suspensions to Chizzy & Locky are the last, because the squad is very thin without D/R, although if all the absentees return at some stage in good health maybe it won't matter? If that happens all that's needed is an extra pivot that can play 9, 6 or 7 with a good kicking game, purely for extra cover. 

I'd be happy with 2nd, as long as its above Toulouse. Only the fortunate few could travel to a G/F in France, and I'm not one of them.

13 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

I also hope the suspensions to Chizzy & Locky are the last, because the squad is very thin without D/R, although if all the absentees return at some stage in good health maybe it won't matter? If that happens all that's needed is an extra pivot that can play 9, 6 or 7 with a good kicking game, purely for extra cover. 

in an interview with James Webster in League Express he said we had been offered players on loan recently (maybe Morgan Escare & DecPatton who are reportedly being shopped around but that's only a guess) but had turned them down as with Worthington & Albert plus 3 DRs we already were at the limit for how many could be played at once.

He did say however "We’d rather try and bring somebody in permanently and that’s what we’re looking to do"

As mentioned above it is still early days but as the season progresses it might become apparent that Leigh, Toulouse and us are stronger than the remaining clubs.

7 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Those predictions seem about right paff, simply because we know that Fev are both capable of pulling off something miraculous, but also of putting in an atrocious performance, I hope that the Barrow game was it for the season? I also hope the suspensions to Chizzy & Locky are the last, because the squad is very thin without D/R, although if all the absentees return at some stage in good health maybe it won't matter? If that happens all that's needed is an extra pivot that can play 9, 6 or 7 with a good kicking game, purely for extra cover. 

I'd be happy with 2nd, as long as its above Toulouse. Only the fortunate few could travel to a G/F in France, and I'm not one of them.

Rules have been been changed Steve: winners of major semi-final now get home advantage in the final, no matter the final league positions of the 2 finalists. 

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Rules have been been changed Steve: winners of major semi-final now get home advantage in the final, no matter the final league positions of the 2 finalists. 

A small step in the right direction LTS.

On 01/03/2020 at 18:12, paff said:

Hi All 

I have not been on for a while so i dont know if this topic as been raised .just for peoples views 

My thoughts are finishing positions

1st Leigh 

2nd Fev  Only because i think Leigh will beat us on points difference ,we seem to let lower teams come back at us 

3rd Toulose 

4th London 

5th Widnes 

I think Bradford will be pushing and might get in 

I think we will finish top leigh second Toulouse third and london fourth - I am certain that will be the top 4

23 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

I think we will finish top leigh second Toulouse third and london fourth - I am certain that will be the top 4

Agree with you on top 4 cant see us been below that ,but we all know fev anything can happen , like someone said on another thread we will go and lose to swinton after a great performance at london , no disrespect to swinton but im thinking it should be a comfortable win by at least 22 points 

Archived