London on Sunday.

spanishknight

45 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Another chance to get our first league points of the season, what does Fordy do, put all fit players names in a bag and pull them out one at a time?, we need something new maybe a fresh face or two on loan.

Not sure new faces are the answer right now as i can't imagine there is that much available of the quality we need.

But what certainly is needed is a bit of a reading of the riot act, cos the effort isnt what it should be, followed by some honest self reflection by some of the squad. 

Last year was amazing but i think a few are still living on the legacy of that in their own heads. Plus the new names, that came with big reputations, need to start showing themselves as worthy of a place. I don't mind losing one bit when we've given it a go. Heaven knows, after more than 40 years watching York you get used to it. But i do mind watching the kind of display we had yesterday from players of this supposed standard.

This is where Fordy's man management has to prove itself. Reputations are made when your back is against the wall - and if we find ourselves nought from five then that is certainly where we will be. 

ok - rant over. Last time i vented they went down to London and won the CC game. Here's hoping for a similar effect! ?

I doubt we’ll see any new faces for this game, there’s the Gary Wheeler rumour although I’d have been happy with the very experienced Martin Ridyard from Leigh (just joined Rochdale on loan).

It got to a point last Sunday where I honestly thought we’d be more effective with Ben Johnston replacing the young lad on the wing and Marsh moving into the halves. But it’s easy to be an internet coach!

From watching the cup game London play quick however like us their defence hasn’t been at its best. Expect plenty of points, a Knights win would be a huge relief. 

11 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

It got to a point last Sunday where I honestly thought we’d be more effective with Ben Johnston replacing the young lad on the wing and Marsh moving into the halves. But it’s easy to be an internet coach.

Agreed. Don't think we get the best out of Marsh as he gets very little opportunity to add to our attacking options with the way we set up but was pretty effective alongside Connor when he previously filled in in the halves. Wish we still had Ash as an option at full back - he was a player who could create something out of nothing.

3 hours ago, JonT said:

Agreed. Don't think we get the best out of Marsh as he gets very little opportunity to add to our attacking options with the way we set up but was pretty effective alongside Connor when he previously filled in in the halves. Wish we still had Ash as an option at full back - he was a player who could create something out of nothing.

If we fancy giving Matty marsh a run in the halves , I feel Jason bass would be more than capable at fullback , pace, strength and reads the game well.

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

If we fancy giving Matty marsh a run in the halves , I feel Jason bass would be more than capable at fullback , pace, strength and reads the game well.

That's not a bad idea George. Probably got more power that Matty too which would help. Allowing Matty to use his pace where there should be a little more space.

16 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Another chance to get our first league points of the season, what does Fordy do, put all fit players names in a bag and pull them out one at a time?, we need something new maybe a fresh face or two on loan.

Rather than just the names maybe put all the players in the bag and shake it up? 

you need your pack to stand up and be counted FEV bullied them sunday and the 36 10 scoreline flattered london scoring two tries 72 and 80 minutes

posted on our forum from someone who went to the match

" we dominated the physical challenges pretty much throughout. All of our three first half tries came from the scorer simply out muscling his opponents."

"they tried hard but were just out muscled, we kept things fairly simple because that's all we needed to do."

Looking forward to this one , both sides will be eager to get back on the rails , the players will need our usual noisy enthusiastic support , as a team let's do it and get behind the lad's and grab the 2 points???

Really looking forward to our first home of the season on Sunday after four successive away games against quality sides. London will be a tough ask but we have shown they are beatable. Need to recreate that fortress BC atmosphere against last seasons SL opponents. Let’s be loud and proud and let’s get that two points to get the league campaign up and running.

On 04/03/2020 at 12:44, HarrogateKnights said:

Personally if Sharp is fit I would play him. Although attacking wise Wallis showed willing, he needs to learn from his defensive errors

The other winger (Lewis Carr) is in the Cas reserves squad to play down in London on Saturday, will be interesting to see which of the 2 games he plays or if he plays both! Think Whiteley is still out so I’d go with Sharp and Carr (if available) on the wing.

1 minute ago, AB Knight said:

The other winger (Lewis Carr) is in the Cas reserves squad to play down in London on Saturday, will be interesting to see which of the 2 games he plays or if he plays both! Think Whiteley is still out so I’d go with Sharp and Carr (if available) on the wing.

That's brilliant! 2 Lewis Carrs there are only 2 Lewis Carrs.... Yeah Whiteley would be my 1st choice but in his absence I agree with you 

Bass, Porter and Sharp all back. No Carr, Brining our injured, as is Whiteley and propably Ronan Dixon. 

I expect Bass and Sharp on the wings, Butterworth straight swap on the bench for Brining. 

Gonna be a close one....the bookies can’t decide between the 2 clubs, you get the same odds no matter which side you pick! 

15 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Bass, Porter and Sharp all back. No Carr, Brining our injured, as is Whiteley and propably Ronan Dixon. 

I expect Bass and Sharp on the wings, Butterworth straight swap on the bench for Brining. 

Gonna be a close one....the bookies can’t decide between the 2 clubs, you get the same odds no matter which side you pick! 

Would start sharp on the wing,bass at full back and marsh at stand off and the rest of the team picks itself

1 hour ago, paul said:

Would start sharp on the wing,bass at full back and marsh at stand off and the rest of the team picks itself

If selected I’ll give Wallis my full support, but I don’t think this is the right match for him to rebuild his confidence. Rochdale in the cup perhaps? If we went with Bass at full back, Marsh in the halves not sure who else could go on the wing.

Feeling a bit more positive today, could do with a good start, London won’t be bringing more than a handful of fans so let’s make it a good atmosphere and get behind them. 

36 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Unlucky really today but plenty of positives. We nilled London for 60 mins, one like Toulouse where we could have won but played a lot better, Reiss Butterworth looked quality 

Agree with you here. Tough start and it's not going to get any easier. Will Sharp  took them on as did James Green. Reiss looks like a good addition  to the squad. Waiting for "Donald" to shine tho.....

First time I've seen the "new look" Knights this season. We seem to be a five drives and kick team now? Pretty sure there was no line breaks today and the first 30 minutes when three soft tries were conceded cost us the points today. Good response after going 0-18 down to get back into the game but to many wrong choices taken whilst attacking/6th tackle. Plenty of room for improvement. Butterworh had a very good game and injected some pace into the Knights attack whilst he was on the field. 

Archived